Wanting DISH pricing but . . .

Well, I certainly don't object to going through a credit check. But in this day and age, with ID theft running rampant, I am not going to hand out my SSN to a stranger over the phone or submit it on the Internet. All I want to know is what I would be paying for my setup and compare that with what my cable company is charging.
The long-term rates are clearly stated on the website and the rates are national. Your choice to engage in a casual "chat" to find the information you seek is all on you.

How do you pay for your current cable service ? Unless you pay with cash at the cable co's payment locations, you're giving your credit card info over the internet.

I write them a check each month.

When I was researching cable, I called up Mediacom and said, "This is the setup I want. What's it going to cost me?" And they gave me a figure. Is this so hard for DISH to do?

The long-term rates are clearly stated on the website and the rates are national. Your choice to engage in a casual "chat" to find the information you seek is all on you.

But they don't include how much per additional receiver, whether there are other options for equipment, etc. I was able to get this from my cable company. Why is it so impossible for DISH to do the same?

But they don't include how much per additional receiver, whether there are other options for equipment, etc. I was able to get this from my cable company. Why is it so impossible for DISH to do the same?
Their equipment fees are on their service agreement. Again it would depend on your setup and what you qualify for/are willing to buy

The equipment fees are not like DTV, where no matter what you get it is all one price. With Dish, what you are able to do is what is charged. Hopper is $12, joeys are $7, super joeys are $10, solo non dvrs are $7, solo dvrs are $10, duo non dvrs are $14, and duo dvrs are $17.

Throw in the dvr service fees for each, would range from $7-12 depending on the system you choose. There is no charge for the first receiver.

If you have a Hopper account it's a $12 DVR fee.
Every addtional hopper is $12 each
If you have a Super Joey that's a $10 monthly fee.
Joeys and 211s are $7 each.

2 year price lock waives the dvr fee and locks in your basepackage price for 24 months with a $10 credit Free Netflix or Multisports pack for 12 months.

Current packages UNDER THE PRICE LOCK AGREEMENT.
Minimum requirements
Top 120 PLUS $49.99 but only if you never change from this package.
If you do and want to go back it's $54.99
Top 200 $64.99
Top 250 $74.99
ADD $10 after the 24 month agreement.

NORMAL Equipment cost
1 HOPPER $12 (Dvr fee)
1 HOPPER 1 JOEY $19
1 HOPPER 2 JOEYS $26
1 HOPPER 1 SUPER JOEY $22
1 HOPPER 1 SUPER JOEY 1 JOEY $29
2 HOPPER 1 JOEY $31
2 HOPPER 2 JOEY $38

If you have a Hopper account it's a $12 DVR fee.
Every addtional hopper is $12 each
If you have a Super Joey that's a $10 monthly fee.
Joeys and 211s are $7 each.

2 year price lock waives the dvr fee and locks in your basepackage price for 24 months with a $10 credit Free Netflix or Multisports pack for 12 months.

Current packages UNDER THE PRICE LOCK AGREEMENT.
Minimum requirements
Top 120 PLUS $49.99 but only if you never change from this package.
If you do and want to go back it's $54.99
Top 200 $64.99
Top 250 $74.99
ADD $10 after the 24 month agreement.

NORMAL Equipment cost
1 HOPPER $12 (Dvr fee)
1 HOPPER 1 JOEY $19
1 HOPPER 2 JOEYS $26
1 HOPPER 1 SUPER JOEY $22
1 HOPPER 1 SUPER JOEY 1 JOEY $29
2 HOPPER 1 JOEY $31
2 HOPPER 2 JOEY $38

Ah! So . . . if I want AT250, 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys I can expect to pay:

$74.59 (AT250)
$12 (DVR fee)
$21 (3 Joeys)

$107.36 (Total)

Wow! And that's not even accounting for Internet and phone service, for which I'm paying $135 a month now.

Even when my Mediacom bill goes up $50 with no dickering, I'll still be paying less to stick with them.And that increase includes HBO going to full price.

Well, wasn't what I hoped to find, but at least I know.

Thank you all for your help. I guess I'll be staying with Mediacom.

Reactions: Hall
Ah! So . . . if I want AT250, 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys I can expect to pay:

$74.59 (AT250)
$12 (DVR fee)
$21 (3 Joeys)

$107.36 (Total)

Wow! And that's not even accounting for Internet and phone service, for which I'm paying $135 a month now.

Even when my Mediacom bill goes up $50 with no dickering, I'll still be paying less to stick with them.And that increase includes HBO going to full price.

Well, wasn't what I hoped to find, but at least I know.

Thank you all for your help. I guess I'll be staying with Mediacom.
No Under the price Lock you will be paying
$74.99
$21 for 3 Joeys
TOTAL $95.99
I told you No DVR fee on the 2 year price lock.

After 2 years you will pay
$84.99
$12 DVR fee and
$21 for 3 Joeys.

Total
$118 as of today's prices.

OK. Thanks.
If you want 4 rooms of service.
You are not going to want 1 Hopper and 3 joeys.
Unless it's only you and your wife, and maybe 1 child.

Otherwise you should go with
1 Hopper
1 Super Joey and 2 Joeys
That setup is $24 instead of $21 but Far more usable for a 4 room setup. Super joey = 5 tuners vs 3 with only a single hopper.

Under Price lock
Top 250 $74.99
Super Joey $10
2 Joeys $14.
$98.99

Regular price
Top 250 $84.99
DVR fee $12
Super Joey $10
2 Joeys $14
$120.99

You have came service to (4) TVs for less than $60 ? Does track TV have a set-top box ?
No. I think he was saying that his three play bundle even without the fifty dollar discount will be less than Dish + $135 (Internet and phone).

Reactions: Hall
I write them a check each month.

When I was researching cable, I called up Mediacom and said, "This is the setup I want. What's it going to cost me?" And they gave me a figure. Is this so hard for DISH to do?

I have the exact answer to that. Many Cable operators will give you a price - just not the best price. I just went through this with Charter. I had cancelled my internet service when we moved from one location to another. When I called to get internet again at the new location they quoted me a price $10 less than I was paying for six months of continuous service because I came back to them. They actually said, and no contract required. I asked well what if there was a contract, they said assuming I qualify $25 off a month for a year, and $10 off the second year of a two year contract. Had I not asked I would have paid $240 more than I needed to over two years.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts