Wanting to be a new customer

scooter2479

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
La Plata,Mo
So I called to have Dish set up. Don't have the perfect credit so I got offered 1 Std DVR for free, 2nd regular receiver for 49.99, AT120 for 49.99 for 12 months, and a $99 activation charge. I've got 2 TV's in HD and 2 Non-HD ,was really wanting 1 dual HD/DVR and 1 Dual DVR. I'm looking at like 500+ do set it up like that. Anyway to get around paying so much? Ebay isn't much help as the good ones go for a pretty good penny. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Call them back and try to negotiate a deal with them... Unless your credit is completely shot..I couldn't imagine them not working with you. I know they'd waive the activation fee. Buying your own receivers isn't going to help you save any money here. They still charge you for the receivers you have..reguardless if you own them or not. I've dealt with dish for years now, and they always seem to come forward and meet my needs. I'm not saying they're going to give you everything for free, but they should be able to get your intro cost way down. All you need to do is keep asking.

So I called to have Dish set up. Don't have the perfect credit so I got offered 1 Std DVR for free, 2nd regular receiver for 49.99, AT120 for 49.99 for 12 months, and a $99 activation charge. I've got 2 TV's in HD and 2 Non-HD ,was really wanting 1 dual HD/DVR and 1 Dual DVR. I'm looking at like 500+ do set it up like that. Anyway to get around paying so much? Ebay isn't much help as the good ones go for a pretty good penny. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Wow.. that's not a good deal.

For new sub in your case (4 TVs), it should be:
AT 120.. 44.99
SD/SD 2TV receiver: 17.00 (2 tuners + equipment lease)
DVR service: 6.00
HD 120 free: 0.0 with paperless billing and autopay.
No equip to buy. No activation fee.

Could they just offer you credit card prepay and the same deal?

Call them back and try to negotiate a deal with them... Unless your credit is completely shot..I couldn't imagine them not working with you. I know they'd waive the activation fee. Buying your own receivers isn't going to help you save any money here. They still charge you for the receivers you have..reguardless if you own them or not. I've dealt with dish for years now, and they always seem to come forward and meet my needs. I'm not saying they're going to give you everything for free, but they should be able to get your intro cost way down. All you need to do is keep asking.

Its a pay in advance account. There is no negotiations or discounts.

Best thing you can do is use a club Dish when signing up and get a $50 discount off the bill.

Dish Store ad from tops of the SatGuys pages has 625's (Duo SD DVR) for 64.99 .. you own it.. so that 49 bucks for a standard receiver is just hogwash.

Of course Lord_Vader's idea is also really good.. distribute the signal from a Unit that can go throughout the house...