wanting to get directv but have questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

No_Brains

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Princeton, WV
i am interested in getting direct tv. after having dish network and their promise to have local channels in the bluefield wv area and still dont

i looked at their web site at their current offers but am a little confused on some things.
i did the credit check and it came back that i passed the credit check. and no deposit is required. but it asks for a credit card number? why would i need to give them a credit card. are they going to charge me an upfront fee?

any help is greately appreciated.

Because you will be locked into a two year agreement and they want a method of payment just in case you cancel prior to the two years. Also depending on the setup you might have equipment costs.

oh ok. thanks for the quick response.
i also have another question.
directv has my local channels in bluefield wv but it states that i requires an hd receiver to get them since they only offer them in hd not sd. but if i need service on 2 tvs how do i go about getting around not paying for a second hd receiver. it doesnt have to be a dvr since that tv wont be used as much as the other.
if this helps my zip code is 24701. if im gonna get it i would like to be able to have the locals on both tvs

If the locals are the only big deal...have you attempted an OTA antenna with a digital converter for the SD televisions? Directv has an AIM 21 converter that will give you locals (maybe).

The Directv site has some info and their CSRs can be helpfuk...but verify what you hear.

Converting your rig from DISH to Directv will be EZ so you can probably work the tech for advice and freebies (except programming) because much of his work is done. For the HD DVR you may want to get them to provide a Single Wire Multiswitch installation if running two cables to your recorder would be difficult.

Joe

if the locals are in HD then DTV will install all HD equipment for new customers at no charge. This is the case in other similar DMA's

DIRECTV's model demands a receiver for each TV. There's currently no price difference between the various receivers, so don't get wadded up over having something that you can't yet take advantage of.

Note that if you need an RF modulator, you'll have to ask for one as none of the current DIRECTV HD receivers or DVRs have them.

if the locals are in HD then DTV will install all HD equipment for new customers at no charge. This is the case in other similar DMA's

how do i set that up, while ordering off their website? i want to be able to order off their website so i can get the special since it says online only?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts