Warner to support Blue-Ray?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes, Warner has always been planning to support both formats. (Paramount too!) And I think this is a good strategy: support all formats and let the market decide which one is better.
I just whish all other studios did the same, so the choice of the format would be based on price and quality, not on title availability. ;)

I just wished the big movie companies would do a little research on the product quality of BR and HD DVD and just tell Sony for example to get their act together before start distributing or making titles available. If BR goes down as another Betamax, it is not only Sony who is losing but also each company that invested in the equipment necessary to make BR titles.

I wonder if these new titles will be VC1 & DD+ as well. I guess Warner could just compress it a little more to make them fit on the smaller BR discs.

This should be the much needed head-to-head comparison many have been waiting for.

-John

jgantert said:
This should be the much needed head-to-head comparison many have been waiting for.
Yes. Lets get the comparision going. Do you think all the Blue-Ray folk will keep saying "just wait, just wait, just wait, it will get better"?:D

teamerickson said:
Yes. Lets get the comparision going. Do you think all the Blue-Ray folk will keep saying "just wait, just wait, just wait, it will get better"?:D
Of course. You have to wait for the Sony player. :)

Beware folks. VHS beat betamax. This is scarey. And the blue and red drones at the big retailers have shelved the HD DVD demos.:(

vurbano said:
Beware folks. VHS beat betamax. This is scarey. And the blue and red drones at the big retailers have shelved the HD DVD demos.:(
Hopefully, the new promontion group will throw some money there way to get some love.

jgantert said:
Of course. You have to wait for the Sony player.
Maybe if they installed a BD drive in a super computer the Blue-Ray folks might be happy with the comparison. :D

vurbano said:
Walmart still features HD-DVD. I haven't see much BluRay stuff at Walmart.

jgantert said:
Walmart still features HD-DVD. I haven't see much BluRay stuff at Walmart.
Went by best buy and they have come to their senses. In the seating area infront of 2 berKline loungers is a 50" Pioneer Plasma I believe with Toshiba HD-A1 running promo demo and it is Stunning! Although there is no big sign pointing out HD DVD and the HD-A1 is half hidden in a cabinet under the TV.

teamerickson said:
Looks like 8/1 for the first Blue-Ray releases from Warner. Training day, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and Rumor has it.

And I can't wait for the reviewers to get their hands on those BD titles for a direct comparison to their HD DVD versions. :eureka

I haven't been able to find definitive confirmation, but it looks like most if not all of the first WB releases for BD will be in mpeg2, as Sony is currently proving the only BD encoding facility, and it's mpeg2 only. Kiss Kiss & Rumor might look OK, as the HD DVD release was only on the 15GB single layer side of a HD DVD/DVD combo disk. But Training Day - released on 30GB DL HD DVD - is considered a reference disc for video & audio quality by many HD DVD owners. Squeezed down to only 25GB & mpeg2 on BD?:eek: Yep, I can't wait for the reviewers to get their hands on these WB releases on BD. :up It will be like twisting the knife already in the back of BD.

BTW, Rumor has It finally made its way its low priority in my Netflix queue & I watched it last night. Much better film than the film critics led me to believe. Very enjoyable, and the PQ was crystal clear, even on only 15GB SL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)