Warning 760 ??? VIP 722

Give up on saving your recordings :D Don't like that idea, do you ? As noted just above, the DVR considers the HDD out of commission at this point and until you "Delete now", it's not going to change it's mind.

After messing around with it for a while & a couple of hard resets, recordings are transferring as I type. Approx 10hrs left out of 13 total. I never did hit "delete". The main issue seemed getting it to go past 2 days on the program guide. Once I got the 9 day epg in there I was able to access the dvr and start transferring, not before formatting the ehd. I am not going to try and dissect it. It is what it is and am extremely glad at this point. Either way I have another 722 on the way. Office Max had 500 gb ehd for $99.00, I bought 2 seagates. 1 for the dvr and 1 for the computer. Thanks for your reply and advice.

Since you bought seagates and if they still have the sleep issue, here is a trick that has worked for me since they activated the EHD feature. It still works fine if don't want to go thru this again. Ever time I record something the I want to keep I send it to the seagate and then use this trick to send a copy back to my 722, that way I always have it. This also works on limited recording stuff and DRM. I just checked and it still works on my 722 with L622 update, I even did this while recording 3 HD shows and playing back a recorded show with no problem. here is the link to the thread
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ake-copys-ext-hard-drive-back-your-622-a.html or here are the steps:
I went back and read my original procedure and have found that you don't have to wait till you get a blank screen. I have been able to do it as soon as my seagate goes into sleep mode. If I'm in a hurry I will set the seagate to go to sleep in 3 minutes and it works each time, this is the easiest way to do this because if it stays in sleep mode too long it will go to a blank menu. Sometimes I can't get mine to repopulate the list and have to start over.
here are the steps again that work in L622. Use these steps after you transfer to your seagate.

1. put or wait till ehd is in sleep mode
2. choose what show or shows that you want to copy
3. restore shows back to 622 or 722
4. exit out of ehd when done
5. go to 622 or 722 menu and play each show copied for a few seconds

After that you will have a copy on each drive. To get the ehd back to normal just unplug power and plug back in. As far as I know this still only works with the seagate drives. On the limited recordings if you send them to the seagate before you start playing them ,you can then send a copy back to your 722 and watch it for 24 hours. if you want to watch again send another copy, I did this as a test and it worked every time. when I first bought the movie it said I had about a month to start watching and then it would delete, which it did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts