WARNING: CBS All Access Prime Video channel not viewable on the Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

allargon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
So, normal Prime Video content works fine on the Hopper 3. Duh. But, adding a CBS All Access channel to your Prime Video (To watch "Picard," "The Good Fight," "The Twilight Zone," etc.) subscription comes with a nasty surprise.

I found out the hard way when I tried to watch "Picard" today.

The answer is buried DEEP on Amazon.com Help: Help & Customer Service under Issues Watching a Prime Video Channel on My Comcast Xfinity, Cox Contour or Dish Network Device

"CBS All Access, HBO, and Cinemax are not available through Prime Video on COX Contour devices."

This is just a friendly warning to all who planned to watch "Picard" on their Hoppers this weekend.

• Angry
Reactions: TheKrell
I am a prime member on amazon
I tryed to watch Star Trek Picard
Tonight all I am allowed to watch is the bonus. Footage not the episode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a prime member on amazon
I tryed to watch Star Trek Picard
Tonight all I am allowed to watch is the bonus. Footage not the episode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you are NOT in the USA you can't watch it on Amazon Prime. Only UK, Canada customers of Prime can. I'm not entirely sure what the deal is but that is just beyond stupid.
I paid for Prime just as much as they have and should have been able to watch it.
All they are doing is forcing those like myself to find other ways to watch the show without giving CBS another dime when I feel like I already paid for it.

Unless you are NOT in the USA you can't watch it on Amazon Prime. Only UK, Canada customers of Prime can. I'm not entirely sure what the deal is but that is just beyond stupid.
I paid for Prime just as much as they have and should have been able to watch it.
All they are doing is forcing those like myself to find other ways to watch the show without giving CBS another dime when I feel like I already paid for it.

Most people know that to watch Star Trek Picard and Discovery you have to subscribe to CBS All Access, either thru Amazon or direct to CBS.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: allargon
These are limitations imposed by the channels themselves not by Dish or Amazon.

I can tell you when this software was in beta all the add on channels worked fine in prime on the Hopper.

Seems silly to me that some programmers do not want people on dish buying their content. To me it seems like lost revenue for them.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

These are limitations imposed by the channels themselves not by Dish or Amazon.

I can tell you when this software was in beta all the add on channels worked fine in prime on the Hopper.

Seems silly to me that some programmers do not want people on dish buying their content. To me it seems like lost revenue for them.
Well, at least you got to test the software in beta. Unfortunately, there was no such version for the Hopper Duo or Wally. :(

I see on Reddit that CBS All Access has suddenly stopped working on Linux in browsers that it works in on other OSs.

At what point are they considered to have gone from stupid to deliberately user-hostile?

Most people know that to watch Star Trek Picard and Discovery you have to subscribe to CBS All Access, either thru Amazon or direct to CBS.

I already have Amazon prime... I really shouldn't have to re-purchase all access thru Prime to see it when those in other countries get it included.
It didn't matter anyway, I found the first Ep online and watched it... it was good but I'm going to just wait till the whole season is out and binge it on the free trial.
As a fan of the originals them making it carry over from one Ep to another is wrong. You make one whole Ep its own story and then on to the next but they are doing this to milk people out of more money and its a big nope for me.
Free trial here I come... I'll do the same on the following season with a whole new account lol.

I wondered why I could not watch Picard on my Hopper 3! Thanks! I was able to watch Picard on CBS All Access thru Amazon Prime on my nVidia Shield however.

I already have Amazon prime... I really shouldn't have to re-purchase all access thru Prime to see it when those in other countries get it included.

It is a who can show it where issue for content, CBS has a right to it in the United States, Prime does in other countries.

These deals have existed since before most of us were born and I don’t understand why some get angry over it.

Last edited:
I bought a bunch of toys for Christmas and we're finding that we need DISH less and less. Every time something won't work with DISH we try one of the toys and "Wuhlla" new ways to do it and we're golden.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pattykay
I have said it before, and I will say it again: Dish's strategy with these streaming apps is all wrong. If they would roll out these apps like Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc. for lower-model receivers like the Hopper Duo and Wally, we would be more likely to appreciate the novelty of having access to the apps at all, and we would be less likely to complain. However, these apps are only available on the upper-level Hoppers like the Hopper 3, which is Dish's ultimate premium device. Therefore, any time the least little thing goes wrong, people will complain loudly about it, since they are paying a premium price for access to these apps on a fancy device that is supposed to work flawlessly. :p

Reactions: TheKrell
It is a who can show it where issue for content, CBS has a right to it in the United States, Prime does in other countries.

These deals have existed since before most of us were born and I don’t understand why some get angry over it.

Or blame the carrier when it's the content provider that's responsible for splitting the rights.

Or blame the carrier when it's the content provider that's responsible for splitting the rights.
I think the problem in this case is that CBS is a major brand name here in the United States, as one of the major broadcast networks. Meanwhile, they are not as big of a brand name in other countries. Therefore, CBS feels that they can charge a premium price here for access to their content, while in other countries they need someone else to distribute it. Believe me, if they felt like they could launch their own separate streaming service in those countries and make money on it, they would be distributing their content this exact same way in those countries as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)