WARNING: CBS All Access Prime Video channel not viewable on the Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I subscribe to Hbo and Cinemax through prime and when trying to watch on the Hopper it will not allow me to watch either channel or their content
So much for all of the earlier speculation in the HBO thread that Dish was adding the Amazon Prime app to be able to provide a work-around for the HBO/Cinemax dispute. The CBS issue has me stumped, though, unless Dish is about to have a dispute with Viacom. :what2

The older HBO content is still available to watch on the app. Deadwood, generation kill and Sopranos. Just sayin’. Hopefully Game of Thrones someday but I won’t hold my breath. AT&T will milk that cow till it’s dead in the field.

These are limitations imposed by the channels themselves not by Dish or Amazon.

I can tell you when this software was in beta all the add on channels worked fine in prime on the Hopper.
I subscribe to Hbo and Cinemax through prime and when trying to watch on the Hopper it will not allow me to watch either channel or their content
That's by design
Scott said earlier that beta testers had access to all of the add-on channels through the Hopper. My question is whether that is still the case, and it is just the regular Dish customers who are restricted from viewing them.

I already have Amazon prime... I really shouldn't have to re-purchase all access thru Prime to see it when those in other countries get it included.
It didn't matter anyway, I found the first Ep online and watched it... it was good but I'm going to just wait till the whole season is out and binge it on the free trial.
As a fan of the originals them making it carry over from one Ep to another is wrong. You make one whole Ep its own story and then on to the next but they are doing this to milk people out of more money and its a big nope for me.
Free trial here I come... I'll do the same on the following season with a whole new account lol.
No, No, no ...
Shows are MUCH better when the theme is carried thruout the season instead of ending a show each week ... it builds character that way.

Reactions: HipKat
I have said it before, and I will say it again: Dish's strategy with these streaming apps is all wrong. If they would roll out these apps like Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc. for lower-model receivers like the Hopper Duo and Wally, we would be more likely to appreciate the novelty of having access to the apps at all, and we would be less likely to complain. However, these apps are only available on the upper-level Hoppers like the Hopper 3, which is Dish's ultimate premium device. Therefore, any time the least little thing goes wrong, people will complain loudly about it, since they are paying a premium price for access to these apps on a fancy device that is supposed to work flawlessly. :p
More than likely, the older units don't have ample computing ability in them to run the new apps ...

I think the problem in this case is that CBS is a major brand name here in the United States, as one of the major broadcast networks. Meanwhile, they are not as big of a brand name in other countries. Therefore, CBS feels that they can charge a premium price here for access to their content, while in other countries they need someone else to distribute it. Believe me, if they felt like they could launch their own separate streaming service in those countries and make money on it, they would be distributing their content this exact same way in those countries as well.
I'm sure that CBS is getting a cut from every person that is watching CBS on Prime.

No, No, no ...
Shows are MUCH better when the theme is carried thruout the season instead of ending a show each week ... it builds character that way.
Yep, most shows are, but not Trek. See the 3rd season of Enterprise...actually, don't.

Yep, most shows are, but not Trek. See the 3rd season of Enterprise...actually, don't.
I thought we were talking about Picard ...
Many other shows don't do that, but Picard does and I think it flows much better because of it.

Like Patrick Stewart said awhile back ...
Picard is an 8 hour movie.

Fwiw, Stranger things is the same way.

Edit, sorry, I have jump ed around several threads, we wern't specifically talking about Picard ... my bad.

More than likely, the older units don't have ample computing ability in them to run the new apps ...
That has been mentioned before, which is why I specifically said "lower-model" and not "older" receivers. I will also point out again that the Hopper Duo is actually a newer model receiver than the Hopper 3, since the Hopper Duo was released to the public in 2018. The Hopper Duo is basically the Hopper 4, except they didn't call it that because it has a lot fewer features than the Hopper 3.

In any event, there has long been a need for a newer version of the Wally, since they still do not have a version that can do 4K HDR. (There is not even a non-HDR 4K version of the Wally.) My proposal was that any newer version of these lower-model receivers should include 4K HDR and access to all of the same apps as the Hopper 3, at a bare minimum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)