Was DISH Robbed at CES?

If they did not want to have dish as eligible then they should not have been in the running at all. Not at the last minute just so they would not win.

I think the bigwigs at CBS didn't notice at first that the Hopper had been nominated. Once they woke up, they lowered the cone of silence in the hope that it would lose. The last minute jerk IMHO means it was about to win (again).

Is CNET an objective electronics news magazine/blog, or a corporate shill for CBS/Viacomm?

I vote for "shill". I won't bother reading CNET reviews ever again.

I wonder which site was the first to report this?

Hmm... ;)

I was actually walking with Vivek to the awards show when we got the news.

I really wanted to see the DISH bask in the glow of their hard work and it was taken away from them.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Although Charlie is involved in way too many lawsuits and many of them are his fault, regardless of which side one is to take in the CBS and Dish suit, this is just a stupid move by CBS. In the long run this will just make Dish look like the good guys.

If the reward is deserved, then the award should be given. A suit should have no bearing on whether or not a product is good enough to win the award. It should be based solely on the parameters set for that award.

I fully support CBS/Cnet in excluding Dish from their competition if they want. It is theirs, have at it.

However, I also think they come across as looking childish, and IMO, they have damaged their reputation by doing so in the manner that they did.

It will certainly cause me to second guess CNet as a reputable source for my technological reviews given the reason the given for the exclusion.

But anyone who knows anything about the topic will know that it was a bs decision and realize how petty CBS and CNET are based off of this decision. Any informed consumer will look into a product before purchasing anyways and most likely see something regarding this non sense.

UNlikely.

The "news media"? those are all weblogs that are covering CES, not mainstream. This will be nothing more than a blip in the news cycle.

I guess no one does 'fair and balanced' reporting any more these days. I always thought Cnet was more like Consumer Reports and tried for a fair analysis. I shall read their reviews with a more critical eye in the future.

What a marvelous publicity opportuniy for Dish Network!

They should make a big deal about C-Net/CBS "last minute enlightenment" and use it to hype the new Hopper.

Ridicule is the best revenge - STICK IT TO CBS!

I don't know why you are all defending Dish.

I don't blame CBS one bit in their decision. When your in a lawsuit, why would you do anything to benefit the person you are trying to sue.

Where this will hurt dish is that they will not be able to promote the hopper as winning an award, and it may cost them a few potential customers who research before they buy.

Yes we know you hate dish blah blah blah.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

That's right, CBS....

66027384267128014287.jpg

I fully support CBS/Cnet in excluding Dish from their competition if they want. It is theirs, have at it.

However, I also think they come across as looking childish, and IMO, they have damaged their reputation by doing so in the manner that they did.

It will certainly cause me to second guess CNet as a reputable source for my technological reviews given the reason the given for the exclusion.

Why would you support them in this? This is essentially CNET announcing to the world that they have no journalistic objectivity. It's like a judge admitting he's on the take.

Why would you support them in this? This is essentially CNET announcing to the world that they have no journalistic objectivity. It's like a judge admitting he's on the take.
clarification.

I support their right to do this. It is their award, and their company. If they want to come across as a%& holes, more power to them.

As I said above, I think it is a mistake though, and they most likely lost me as an internet viewer of their content.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)