Was DISH Robbed at CES?

You've hit the nail on the head. CNET product reviews and awards - IOW, their journalistic integrity itself - are all now in question.
I just do not see that, CNet was forthright and stated why dish was disqualified In a lawsuit and are trying to destroy part of CBS revenue stream you do not need to agree with that but that's the way CBS see it.
they could have pointed out all the hoppers shortcomings and just not gave them the reward but instead spoke the truth seem very full of integrity to me.

I just do not see that, CNet was forthright and stated why dish was disqualified In a lawsuit and are trying to destroy part of CBS revenue stream you do not need to agree with that but that's the way CBS see it.
they could have pointed out all the hoppers shortcomings and just not gave them the reward but instead spoke the truth seem very full of integrity to me.

If that was the case then they should have never been selected as a finalist by CNET to begin with.

CNET has always loved the Hopper (and in fact their review of it at the DISH Booth this year said it was the best DVR as well.) This was a last moment decision by CBS and all it did (besides give DISH a ton of press) is give CNET a bad name.

I used to trust the CNET reviews. Now, I am very skeptical of anything that they write. If CBS can make the reviewers pull their Dish Network reviews from consideration, they can also tell the reviewers who will be the winners of the awards. There is no objectivity anymore. In the future, I will take any CNET reviews with a grain of salt.

CNET reviews are meaningless now that CBS can eliminate any companies that they have gripes with.

If that was the case then they should have never been selected as a finalist by CNET to begin with.

CNET has always loved the Hopper (and in fact their review of it at the DISH Booth this year said it was the best DVR as well.) This was a last moment decision by CBS and all it did (besides give DISH a ton of press) is give CNET a bad name.
I still do not see how this gives CNET a bad name CNET said CBS told us to to do this CBS owns them and you confirmed my point they could have talk bad they did not. they said a CBS decision I don't see what makes them look bad .

I still do not see how this gives CNET a bad name CNET said CBS told us to to do this CBS owns them and you confirmed my point they could have talk bad they did not. they said a CBS decision I don't see what makes them look bad .

Basically it's hard to know if the review given on a product is truly the view of the professionals at CNET or is it altered by CBS. If CBS had an investment in something and wanted it to have good press or a review they may tell CNET to talk it up. Hard to trust a place when you know the parent company is pulling strings.

How can you trust any reviews from CNET now since it appears they have lost all editorial control?

I am sure that the CNET guys are not happy about this either. They are now pawns stuck in the middle.

Btw I am now hearing DISH would have won TWO awards yesterday, one being the Editors award and the other being the viewers choice award.

I wonder if the folks at CBS are mad that CNET aired the DISH press conference live on Monday?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What no doubt happened is that CBS was completely oblivious to the whole CES or what CNET was doing or even does. Someone high-enough up saw that a Dish product was in line for an award (or worse, the Hopper actually "won") and someone pointed out that CBS was in a lawsuit with Dish and specifically over the very product. So, if some people had kept their mouth shut, CBS would have been clueless.

How long before Viacom/CBS cable channels are back up for contract renegotiation ? I highly suspect that we will be losing those channels just like the AMC fiasco.

Yeah. That's it. It must be the camera.

I have better/more hair than most 18 year old's, you on the other hand have got to be bald, would explain a lot....

God made some men's heads correctly; the rest of them He covered!

LOL...I am sure my fat head would look like sh*t without being fully covered with hair....not even a horseshoe patten at all....

Last edited:
Christmas flocking and Just for Men, Dark Brown color.

Problem solved.

On topic, Hopper got the shaft.

I have better/more hair than most 18 year old's,
..except for that spot in the back which you blame on the camera. I remember when I first saw a similar spot.

you on the other hand have got to be bald, would explain a lot....
I don't have to be. But, I am a bit. What does it explain?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)