Was going to order comcast for hd untill this....

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
heres a copy of the live chat conversation.. this is outragious....

Whitney > Hello. Thank you for choosing Comcast. My name is Whitney and I will be processing your order today. Do you have any questions before I begin?
comcast_guest> yes i want to add starz hd to my package
Whitney > Sure no problem. Is this instead of the basic cable?
comcast_guest> basically this is what i want.. I just want hd only.. the hd package and starz hd. Do i require basic cable for that if not then you can drop the basic
comcast_guest> also will i be able to get the comcast sports net in hd as apart of the hd package
Whitney > It is just that on your order you have HDTV, basic cable, and DVR service. Is this correct?
comcast_guest> yes
Whitney > Thank you. I will need to do a credit check before I process your order. May I have your social security number please?
comcast_guest> is dvr the same as ondemand?
comcast_guest> *********
Whitney > No, they are not the same. Thank you.
comcast_guest> will i beable to get ondemand in my area?
Whitney > Yes, you can.
comcast_guest> you there?
Whitney > Yes I am. I am in the process of completing your order. Please hold on a few more minutes. Thank you.
comcast_guest> OH OK, SORRY
comcast_guest> sorry for the caps
Whitney > No problem.
comcast_guest> is comcast sports network hd apart of the hd package?
Whitney > Yes, I believe it is.
Whitney > Thank you for your patience. I will be another few moments processing your order. Do you mind holding?
comcast_guest> no i dont mind
Whitney > Thank you.
Whitney > I am almost finished with your order Robert, thank you for your patience.
comcast_guest> ok
Whitney > I have the available date of Monday May 16 betweeen the time of 8am-12pm for installation. Does this work for you? It is the earliest available.
comcast_guest> No i was thinking more like 2 or 3 days.
comcast_guest> from now
Whitney > I understand, unfortuntely this is the earliest available.
comcast_guest> yea but if i go with dish network i can get installed next day why cant you do the same
Whitney > Because the other days are all pre-scheduled already and there are none available for all the services you have ordered. I apologize for the inconvenience.
comcast_guest> allright well cancel my order and I will go with dishnetwork then
Whitney > I am sincerely sorry that you feel that way. If you like you could always call back and see if there is an opening. Sometimes people will cancel there orders.
Whitney > If there isn't an opening sometime soon then you can cancel your order.
comcast_guest> I understand that but may 16th is horrable i would have to wait two weeks for service.. no cancel my order now
Whitney > All right, again I apologize for the inconvenience Robert.
comcast_guest> im suprised that you all dont have faster turnaround time than that, after all there is atleast one comcast truck in town everyday.
comcast_guest> after all how long can it take to hook up a box
comcast_guest> 5 min?
Whitney > The only reason there is none available is because there will be three installs in your order and it takes a lot longer.
comcast_guest> I thought basic cable comes from the wire... from the box outside.. screw the cable on to the box from outside 30 seconds worth of work... basic cable on.. hook up hd dvr box another 5 min of work.. and theres all three services in less than 15 min. and that takes over two weeks to hook up?
comcast_guest> please cancel my order
Whitney > Sure no problem. For the starz service it is standard cable needed and not the basic.
Whitney > I did not put the basic on your order.
comcast_guest> I dont want it if its gonna take over two weeks to hook it all up
Whitney > I know this is very unfortunate for you and I am sorry that there is nothing else I can do about the installation.
Whitney > I understand. Unfortuntely that is all we can do for you at this time.
comcast_guest> is my order canceled or not?
Whitney > I can cancel it it you prefer. You will not be billed for it.
comcast_guest> yes cancel it i dont want it i will go with dish instead
Whitney > That is up to you Robert. Thank you for choosing Comcast. Have a great night!
comcast_guest> thankyou

Well, If you didnt jump to dish yet, go to your local comcast office, most of them have the HD and HD-DVR boxes there, you can pick up (i just did myself a few days ago, for the 2nd time, beats OTA!)

I can understand your frustration, that is a pretty long wait. Maybe they are now using Voom's Installs Inc. :eek:

When I called Comcast is was more like,

"We can come out tomorrow"

That was not good for me so they offered Saturday or Sunday!! They showed up within a 2 hour scheduled window on a Sunday. :D

CJPC said:
Well, If you didnt jump to dish yet, go to your local comcast office, most of them have the HD and HD-DVR boxes there, you can pick up (i just did myself a few days ago, for the 2nd time, beats OTA!)

Not true here. They guard the HD equipment, and it must be installed. Only the SD digital boxes (non-dvr) can be picked up.

-John

It depends on your area. Comcast in my area hands them out over the counter all day long. I picked up a 2nd HD/DVR last week and swapped out a digital box. Our Knology cable company ALWAYS requires a tech come out and install.

your lucky-in grand prairie, they won't let you have the DVR UNLESS you're willing to order their $60.00 package minimum AND you do have to get basic along with it,,,in addition, even tho you are paying full price for their HD pack, if you only get basic cable and no SD premies, then all they will light up is the HD nets and nothing else, tho charging you the full price for the complete HD package...

then they kinda show up when you're not around....oh well...i hope to get the HD nets sooner or later....