Washington D.C. Metro area Voomers

cfkillers said:
i cant get wb 54 voom i tried to bmore stations but everytime i call about it the install companys tels me all this b.s. about a rotor and all this other junk. i still have the orginal stealth up there but is not hooked up and everytime i call to get it hooked up knowone will come they will say it will cost to run an extra line. i have the bowtie one now. was the game in hd on wb54?

Nope, no HD.

I had an installer put up a good antenna, amp and rotor so that I can get all of the channels (DC & B'More). I'm a Skins fan and 45 just doesn't cut it during football season! :yes

-John

cfkillers said:
but i have 3 voom boxes what happens if i want to atch fox and someone on another tv wants to watch wb baltimore?

I have multiple TVs as well. Sometime you can still get a signal from a DC station when you are pointed at the Baltimore station. The other choice is to watch the baltimore fox instead.

Usually, tho, we're not watching different OTA channels, but I'm watching a satellite channel and my wife is watching an OTA channel in the other room.

-John

We have had VOOM now for three weeks,all channels were fine (locals)and then when I went to tune to 5 Fox to watch the Nascar race I get the no signal crap,I rebooted the box and re did the channel scan it comes up with a 95 for signal strength but the channel is still a no show.Anyone else have a problem like this and if so were you able to resolve it.We also have D* I switched to that stb and it was fine,I am starting to think that the Moto stb is really bad news.

had the same issue yesterday with channel 5 i unplugged the box for 30 seconds and fox came back fine afterwards

I had the exact same issue when I first got Voom the other day. I had to unplug the box and then everything was fine. I had signal strength of 95 as well but I got the error that I had no signal. Hope it works out for you.

Jamie

By the way does anyone have any luck with 20 (UPN) I get a signal of 90 but that has never worked.I thought it worked with the D* stb but when I switched over to it yesterday to watch the Nascar race I noticed that the D* won't pull it either---Thanks

Did the hard boot(unpluged and then pluged it back-20 mins or so) and that worked Fox back up.I hope that they can send an upgrade soon so we don't have these sorts of problems

Baltimore DMA update works great! Now I get all the info for DC & B'more.

Anyone notice Lost wasn't in HD last night on ABC 2? I had to switch over to ABC 7.

-John

Thanks for the info---PBS is a good channel to watch,some of the programing is great,but i would not want to be stuck with any one channel it's nice to have choices

566 said:
i'm in silver spring and i get no PBS ota - i hope i get mapped to MPT channel 22. it's a bummer. as good a voom programming may be, pbs is still the best. yeah, i'm one of those... :D

Well, the map won't help you, I dont think. You'll just get listings for Ch 22. If you cant receive the channel OTA, having the guide info is of no use.

-John