Washington DC?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jkh1978

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
I thought DC was to go HD this week... but I havent heard anything from Directv. When will I hear from them; will they call or send a letter?

How much will it cost? Do I call 1-800-directv or a local installer?

Doesn't sound like D* is calling or writing about the upgrades these days. They are letting word of mouth do the job until they build up an installer base and a manufacturing supply. Calling D* is your best bet.

Good luck,
Tom

I called D* last night and spoke to a sup who said that they can't access the equipment in their system until it becomes available in our market. It will not be available to them until 12/8. I know what I'll be doing at midnight tonight.

Rick4464 said:
I called D* last night and spoke to a sup who said that they can't access the equipment in their system until it becomes available in our market. It will not be available to them until 12/8. I know what I'll be doing at midnight tonight.

I know, you'll be waisting time on the phone, cause the usuall broadcast day begins at 6am in the morning ;)

who do I call and what do I ask for? How much will it cost?

$99

As of 10 am this morning, they indicated that the "ONLY" option the system would allow is a $99 upgrade. I was able to get a $99 credit, but still had to pay the $14.95 S/H.

From what I could tell this ordering system is not universal and depends on the location of install which makes sense.

Status
Please reply by conversation.