Wasted bandwidth- So many infomercial/shopping channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

definitelyian

Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I finally sat down and edited my favorite channel list to remove all of the shopping, infomercial and foreign language channels. It's mind numbing to me how many infomercial and shopping channels D* has buried in its lineup. These garbage channels are wasting bandwidth that could be used to bring us more HD.

I've had Comcast, U-verse and Directv in the past 5 years and Directv is by far the worst for number of garbage shopping channels.

Generally, you'll find that each of these garbage channels is tied to a much larger channel that you DO want .... thus making it so they have to have these channels or they won't give you the BIG channel...

It's in the contracts somewhere.

those channels PAY to be on the provider...and on satellite there are some channels that are duplicated but it doesnt take up any extra bandwidth

If you are willing to pay quite some more on your bill per month, perhaps Direct TV would drop those channels......

As Iceberg pointed out, those shopping (& some other channels) PAY to be on DirecTV, same as on Dish, reducing your bill. Easy to skip over. And some of those niche programs must bring in enough customers to pay their way. Again, easy to set up favorites without them, like I do.

On edit, with a nod to Tampa8, who must type faster than me. Heck, with my left had recovering from surgery, almost everybody types faster than me.

I doubt if those shopping channels that pay to be on Directv reduce my bill one iota. All they do is pad D's already record profits.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)