WATCH 4K ULTRA HD MOVIES FROM EPIX ON DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This doesn't do anything for me since I'm limited to DSL for internet access. I need 4k directly from the satellite or at least the ability to download 4k content for later viewing instead of streaming.

This doesn't do anything for me since I'm limited to DSL for internet access. I need 4k directly from the satellite or at least the ability to download 4k content for later viewing instead of streaming.

I'm in the same boat. I have a Verizon broadband router with voice and it has 15gb high speed data, then it throttles back to 600kbps. I have an iPad with unlimited data which I can stream to the TV via the HDMI adapter, but I'd much rather have 4K available via satellite since that doesn't touch my bandwidth.

s-l1600.jpg

yup dsl here to, 10M on a good day, 3-6 most, 1Up. took me 15min to upload an 8second video.

Try to d/l a movie, your receiver has insufficient bandwith to rent =(

The problem with 4K is the "4" - takes four times the bandwidth whether it is downloaded or satellited in.

The problem with 4K is the "4" - takes four times the bandwidth whether it is downloaded or satellited in.

I downloaded and watched Star Trek Beyond yesterday from EPIX. My data usage with Comcast went from 83 gb to 101 gb. A total of 18 gb of my 1 tb cap. I still would have a hard time exceeding the monthly cap. I know for those without the bandwidth it’s no help, but for me having had 4K tv and H3 for almost 2 years it’s better than nothing!

Someone get ESPN to broadcast some college football games this fall in 4K PLEASE!!!!!

on another note - is this on a certain channel? I checked the VOD channels and didn't see it listed

I see the folder in Epix on Demand but it is empty. Do I need to have a 4K tv to be able to have these available?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I'd be interested to know if those James Bond movies are being remastered in 4K or are they just transmitting HD in a 4K stream? This sounds suspiciously similar to all those early HD re-releases where they just took the standard DVD release and pressed it on Blu-Ray discs. For instance, I can play my Christmas Vacation DVD right next to my Blu-Ray version and the DVD image is identical to the Blu-Ray image. The grain gives it away.

OK rural people; don't give up hope yet!
I just found out my rural elec company is adding fiber to it's network!
supposedly my Christmas-Valentine's present is going to be 100/100 fiber! yay!

By then I'll probably have canceled dish tho; trying to save $$ for other unexpected emergiences =(

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I'd be interested to know if those James Bond movies are being remastered in 4K or are they just transmitting HD in a 4K stream? This sounds suspiciously similar to all those early HD re-releases where they just took the standard DVD release and pressed it on Blu-Ray discs. For instance, I can play my Christmas Vacation DVD right next to my Blu-Ray version and the DVD image is identical to the Blu-Ray image. The grain gives it away.

Similar to the what gets done with 3D, by far most movies that are 3D are fake 3D few were actually shot in 3D.
Similar to HD channels showing SD content.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Unless Dish decides to begin providing some selective 4k content or the networks decide to upgrade their service to 4k, I'm pretty much stuck watching upscaled HD on my brand new nifty 75" 4k TV.
I've read somewhere that the networks don't plan to begin rolling out OTA 4k until at least 2020.

Hey, I finally bit the bullet and found a 55" 4K TV I was willing to pay $369 for at Costco.
So far I am pleased with the upscaling compared to my old 50" 1080 equally cheap set.
When my free previews are available in 4K I may get to see what it actually looks like.
I also have Cox 100/10 internet, so I wouldn't hesitate to download or stream 4K content if it were available for free.

Unless Dish decides to begin providing some selective 4k content or the networks decide to upgrade their service to 4k, I'm pretty much stuck watching upscaled HD on my brand new nifty 75" 4k TV.
I've read somewhere that the networks don't plan to begin rolling out OTA 4k until at least 2020.
FYI that fancy new 4K TV will need an external tuner to be able to receive 4K OTA broadcasts once the networks start and I wouldn't count on 2020 since the trials for ATSC 3.0 (new broadcast standard) are just starting.

Reactions: sam_gordon
FYI that fancy new 4K TV will need an external tuner to be able to receive 4K OTA broadcasts once the networks start and I wouldn't count on 2020 since the trials for ATSC 3.0 (new broadcast standard) are just starting.
No problem because I stated "at least 2020". The actual date we begin seeing OTA 4k broadcasts will be probably several years beyond 2020 and by that time I'll be needing a newer nifty TV.
The end result these days is that people are buying 4k TV's with little to no 4k content available, a situation likely to last for years.

OK rural people; don't give up hope yet!
I just found out my rural elec company is adding fiber to it's network!
supposedly my Christmas-Valentine's present is going to be 100/100 fiber! yay!

By then I'll probably have canceled dish tho; trying to save $$ for other unexpected emergiences =(

Don't see National Grid doing that here. Consolidated Comm (formerly Fairpoint Comm/ formerly Taconic Tel) upgraded me to 15M DSL from 3 almost a year ago, but it is such an up and down service. One minute fast as lightning and the next minute slow as molasses. Couldn't considering trying to download 4K unless overnight while sleeping maybe. The good news is that Spectrum Cable (yes that Spectrum cable that New York State is kicking out) is going to be building our small town out for cable TV/Internet in the next year or so with 100M download speeds promised. These things take time I guess. Town Cable Committee approved the deal, which is funded by a $500K grant from the state of Mass, back in January. Haven't heard anything since. I am enjoying 4K UHDs on my 55 Sony though. Even Blu Rays are mostly stunning on it. I do subscribe to Epix, but the Internet download part would be a deal breaker for me I think.

Reactions: pattykay
I tried watching the new Transformers movie in UHD on EPIX OnDemand, but it was unwatchable as the audio channels were all messed up. Center was coming out the right, right out the left, and left out the center. It looked good, but that is all I can say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)