WATCH 4K ULTRA HD MOVIES FROM EPIX ON DISH

I watched the new Transformers on regular Blu Ray earlier this year and was stunned how good it looked on the Sony (65 inch not 55 as I stated in previous post). The soundtrack was also AWESOME!! I was having a hard time believing that I was not watching the UHD. No reason to double dip when it looks that good on regular Blu.

Reactions: ncted
I tried watching the new Transformers movie in UHD on EPIX OnDemand, but it was unwatchable as the audio channels were all messed up. Center was coming out the right, right out the left, and left out the center. It looked good, but that is all I can say.
I tried the new Magnificent Seven. Same problem...beautiful picture but soundtrack (I use 24 mhz headphones) was WAY off. Made it unwatcha.....err...unhearable).

I’m just happy to have a source of 4K programming other than Netflix. It will give me a chance to make a run at my 1 tb cap.
I hit my 1TB cap last month, by somehow using over 400GB the last three days of the billing period. Curiously, our wifi is very secure, nobody was home at the time, and the suspicious activity stopped shortly after the billing period reset. Also, ISPs are crooks, keep an eye on them.

I don't think anyone sitting 10 feet from a 65 inch TV can tell the difference between 4K and 1080P, unless they are watching a soccer match. Much of the time, the action being televised is 100 yards or greater from the camera. In order to keep a wide enough field of view to give the viewer a meaningful picture of the attacking and defending player positions, the camera must stay zoomed out. As a result, the players shown on the screen are very small. At 1080P, players' facial features are lost even if one sits close to the screen. All you can see of a player's face is a flesh-colored blob. At 4K facial features start to become distinguishable and you can recognized the players at 10 feet from the screen. The numbers on uniforms are also easier to read. Thus 4K does not just provide eye candy, it makes an appreciable addition to the viewer's enjoyment of the telecast.

I look forward to the day when all soccer matches are telecast in 4K. As for everything else, from my normal sitting position 10 feet from my 65 inch OLED screen, 1080 P is perfectly adequate.

I don't think anyone sitting 10 feet from a 65 inch TV can tell the difference between 4K and 1080P, unless they are watching a soccer match. Much of the time, the action being televised is 100 yards or greater from the camera. In order to keep a wide enough field of view to give the viewer a meaningful picture of the attacking and defending player positions, the camera must stay zoomed out. As a result, the players shown on the screen are very small. At 1080P, players' facial features are lost even if one sits close to the screen. All you can see of a player's face is a flesh-colored blob. At 4K facial features start to become distinguishable and you can recognized the players at 10 feet from the screen. The numbers on uniforms are also easier to read. Thus 4K does not just provide eye candy, it makes an appreciable addition to the viewer's enjoyment of the telecast.

I look forward to the day when all soccer matches are telecast in 4K. As for everything else, from my normal sitting position 10 feet from my 65 inch OLED screen, 1080 P is perfectly adequate.
I have a 65 inch TV, and during the Olympics, I could definitely tell the difference.

During the World Cup, it did not seem nearly as great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)