Watch ESPN on Roku

If they're going to make ads unavoidable, they ought to at least crawl in to the 21st century and let us customize the ads delivered.
I agree. It would be nice to be able to reject ads and say either this ad doesn't apply to me or this ad is incredibly annoying or you've shown me this ad too many times and now I hate the stupid ad. It seems like this feedback would be helpful to marketers.

I agree. It would be nice to be able to reject ads and say either this ad doesn't apply to me or this ad is incredibly annoying or you've shown me this ad too many times and now I hate the stupid ad. It seems like this feedback would be helpful to marketers.
Hulu Plus does something like this already. You can tell them to stop showing you particular types of ads.

I'll try this at home tonight. I only have Time Warner for internet. My TV provider is Dish.

ESPN 3 should work but to get others you need to login via your cable provider

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Took a couple of tries of complaining that my account credentials were wrong but it finally took it. Then it tells me "It appears that your cable subscription does not currently include access to this content...". Damn ! :rolleyes:

Sooner or later... broadcasters like HBO and ESPN are going to dump the middle men and sell their online services directly to the customer. No more BS with contract negotiations etc and the end users get a better deal.
You heard it here first folks..
Cheers, K
You do have to wonder why they aren't doing so now. Billing and authorization software isn't exactly rocket science. They could probably buy an existing system and make very few tweaks.

someday yes. but it would likely cost more than the cable rate. it's nice to get a check in the mail so to speak with no headaches for you and them. most of us don't buy a car from ford or a TV from sony etc.

Took a couple of tries of complaining that my account credentials were wrong but it finally took it. Then it tells me "It appears that your cable subscription does not currently include access to this content...". Damn ! :rolleyes:

ESPN3 is limited to certain ISPs. The rest of the channels are based on your TV provider.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I used this on my Xbox, and it was a main advantage over my ps3, and a big reason I kept gold.

This works much better on the roku. With the 360, same Internet connection, I always felt like it was streaming. With the roku it looks damn close to watching it on directv.

Harder and harder to keep my sat service.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It gave me the same address. Did not work the first day, I tried it again a day later and it worked fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)