Watch ESPN vs Sling Tv, Vue versions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Just wondering if any of you IP tv subs have compared Watch ESPN feed for a HD game vs the Sling or Vue version. i've only used Watch ESPN on my little tv, so hard to judge I guess.

I haven't done an A-B comparison of the same game, but I've noticed live sports on ESPN channels on PS Vue (via a PS4) have been looking better since I first signed up last June. Sometimes I forget I'm watching a game streaming on Vue as opposed to watching on an OTA network.

Watching games via Watch ESPN from a Windows PC connected to my TV is acceptable only as a last resort. Though in all fairness I'm normally watching games that ESPN deems not worthy of their main channels (ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU) and therefore may not be broadcast using their best equipment. For example last week, I watched an FCS first round college football playoff game featuring a local team and was just happy I could watch it at all. PQ was actually better than expected for a muddy game at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.

EDIT: I just had a total Doh! moment, realizing I can now use the Watch ESPN app on the Amazon FireTV stick that's now connected to my living room TV. lol

Reactions: Ronnie-
From my experience watch ESPN is WAY below the quality of any ESPN feed on vue, and if I recall on sling as well.

We had them side by side on different games last week. I avoid watch ESPN unless it's on a mobile device if at all possible.

The exception is games on ESPN 3. Those seem better for some reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: primetimeguy
Gotcha. Like I said, I had only used watch espn on the side via phone or small tv, so I was unsure. I would figure they wouldnt make it too good, they want you to watch the pay tv version!

I just checked out a replay on Watch ESPN (FireTV Stick app) of the Mountain West Championship game I had watched live last night on ESPN via PS Vue on my PS4. The quality of the live broadcast on Vue was noticably better on my 46 inch plasma. Then checking the recording on PS Vue of the same game on the Fire Stick, the quality was only slightly better than on Watch ESPN, but not as good as on my PS4. It's worth pointing out, I've never done any kind of callibration on the Fire Stick's input.

From my experience watch ESPN is WAY below the quality of any ESPN feed on vue, and if I recall on sling as well.

We had them side by side on different games last week. I avoid watch ESPN unless it's on a mobile device if at all possible.

The exception is games on ESPN 3. Those seem better for some reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts