Watch ESPN

STL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Anyone here using Watch ESPN (on a Roku, XBOX, etc.) and authenticating it with their Sling TV account? Does it get you access to replays of all the ESPN channels you subscribe to? I am most curious if you get access to games that (in Watch ESPN) have the SEC Network Plus logo next to them instead of the typical ESPN3 logo. I can supply some game examples if that would help. Also, for replays how far back can you go: days, a week, a month, or more? Thanks in advance...

I have not checked (will tonight), but I was under the assumption that you would get access to the feeds that you sub to. So if you were a core customer you would get ESPN and ESPN2. If you got the sports package it would add those on watch espn as well.

Just checked. I have the sports add on and can confirm that those channels are included with my watch espn access. It appears that you would get the SEC Network + games as well.

As far as replays themselves go, I am not sure how far back they originally went as that is not something I normally watch.

Is there something in particular you want me to search for?

Thank you for looking into this! Please search on Arkansas and filter down to Basketball and let me know the oldest game that is available to watch -- and please do this via the WatchESPN app on Roku (as opposed to accessing WatchESPN via a PC). Then reason I ask is because I've seen different results (but I wasn't logging in with Sling TV either). For instance, when I use my XBOX One WatchESPN app I can see NCAA basketball game replays from only a few days ago -- but when I access WatchESPN on my PC I can see NCAA games that go back to last year (and even the prior basketball season). And if you have time, click on one of the games with the SEC Network Plus logo next to it (and not the ESPN3 logo) and confirm the stream actually starts. With my Charter Internet (not cable service) I can access WatchESPN on the PC and see everything but cannot play the ones with the SEC Network Plus logo. Again many, many thanks to you!!!

PS - I just realized you might not have a Roku -- if that is the case then please use something other than the PC if you have the WatchESPN app on something else (and let me know what you use).

I'm not seeing an option for a specific team, but most of the replays I see are from last week at the oldest.

I did try to play what's playing on sec network +, and got a no subscription kickback. Same with longhorn.
The channels in the sports addition work fine.

I'm in the ESPN App on Android with my Sling TV right now. Checking the live channels quick, hope this helps. I assume if the live works for a channel the replays will too. FYI I don't have the sports extra so this would be the access you get with the $20 base package.

ESPN: good
ESPN2: good
ESPNU: no
SEC: no
ESPNews: no
Longhorn: no
ESPN Deportes: no
ESPN3 (checked 3 different live games): good
SEC Network +: no

Reactions: Yespage
That's my experience as well, and with the sports add on the channels you get there become live using wespn

Thanks for the input guys! I read elsewhere that Sling TV still has some issues with not getting some additional Sports pack programming via Watch ESPN. It is good to know that I should get replays back a week on Watch ESPN using a Sling TV login.

I actually found a good deal on a Roku LT yesterday and pulled the trigger. Once it arrives, I'll give Sling TV a try (using the free trial) and if it goes well then I'll likely get that $50 Roku 3 they are offering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts