Watch Now at the bottom of the TV Guide...hum

tigershere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
I hate it and it's new to me or I have been blind , lol
I don't rent movies, EVER but now I have to watch their promos when i am perusing my TV channels.........meh

hate it

will look for a 'off' switch for it later, lol

looked briefly and don't see a 'off' for adverts

Last edited:
It's stupid. If I wanted to watch VOD, I'd look at the VOD listings. But not only do I not watch VOD, I think they should remove all of it to give the normal channels a decent amount of bandwidth.

Not seeing it yet.

I am sure you will. I saw it on my 622 just about the time I posted.
At first I was going wtf is wrong with my TV and thought it was the news banner. Then I realized it was part of the guide and if you hit * it will go directly to the movie that you can click and pay to watch.
Sorry but as long as these things are so $$ I don't need to pay more. 110 is enough!

I hate it and it's new to me or I have been blind , lol
I don't rent movies, EVER but now I have to watch their promos when i am perusing my TV channels.........meh

hate it

will look for a 'off' switch for it later, lol

looked briefly and don't see a 'off' for adverts

I never noticed this. Maybe it is something new. Anyway, I turned off the "TV Enhancements" after I noticed an interactive icon (for lack of better words) on CNN and during commercials a few months ago. I have a 222k; I am not sure if that matters either. I am not sure if it will work to turn off the TV Enhancements. Let us know, though.

This is an update with software L6.27. It has been rolled out to 622 receivers and will soon roll to 722 receivers.You can turn it off. Go into enhancements (menu 6-1-6).

This is an update with software L6.27. It has been rolled out to 622 receivers and will soon roll to 722 receivers.You can turn it off. Go into enhancements (menu 6-1-6).

You mean I can turn off the ad line for VOD and recover the extra line of EPG data?

are those of you who see the VOD banner, using the EPG with video in the corner? I've been trying to see the banner and it hasn't shown yet.

I just noticed this yesterday also. It is pretty annoying. Takes away a channel listed on the guide. I doubt they keep it there long after numerous complaints.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)