Watch the iPhone 5s and 5C get shot by a 50 cal round

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Ok, not only do they get shot but they use the iPhone 5s slow motion camera to film the 5c getting shot. They then compare it to other slow motion cameras (spoiler the 60,000 frame per second camera wins the slow motion contest). All in all the 2 videos in this article are pretty interesting to watch:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/iphone-5s-iphone-5c-shoot-gun-destroyed,24597.html

The glass shattering and flying looks almost like water at first in slow motion.

Wasted bullets

Sent from my SPH-L900 using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I still love the 60k/sec frame camera, you see the bullet strolling across the screen and when it hits the iphone it looks like it just spashed into a pool of water, it is such a a sharp and clear image. Maybe the iPhone 50s will have a 60k/sec slow motion camera....

Unless you're an Al Qaeda high profile target, I doubt you have to worry about your iphone 5s or c holding up against an M82A1 Barrett. A .50 cal round is pretty destructive. I once leveled a small log cabin from 1000meters with an M2 ( Viet Nam era ) For the rest of us, the drop and water test seems more typical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts