Watch the next day or else?

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Used PTAT on Tuesday and again on Wednesday. Of the two shows I was interested in for each night, on Thursday night I could only watch the ones recorded on Wednesday. The two recorded on Tuesday would not play. Message stated they were at the end of play. Could not "restart" them or do anything to get them to play. So, does that mean you must watch PTAT recordings within the next day or they are "gone"(won't play?)
RT

No.Sounds like some kind of hiccup. Try a red button reset and/or a hard reboot (pull the plug). Check your PTAT settings. If you intend to always watch these shows set up a timer for each one. Doing that will save a copy in My Recordings which will not be deleted automatically.

Which local market are you in? Which channel and events had these issues? Do other PTAT recordings play back properly?
OK, time for me to be stupid. Don't know what you mean by local market.
CBS NCIS and NCIS LA: Recorded on a Tuesday. Would not play on Thursday.
CBS Criminal Minds and CSI: Recorded on Wednesday. Played fine on Thursday.
RT

Because not everyone is having this problem. There have been a few posts on this forum from people in different locations and they escalated it to DIRT and it was resolved within a couple of days. So it would appear that these auto hop issues are specific to certain local markets, which is why I asked.