Watch TV Using SlingGuide?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JohnnyJupiter

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
Pleasant Hill, California
The original press release for the SlingGuide beta said that we could watch programming if we had a SlingBox hooked up to our receiver (622 or 722) and both were connected to the Internet.

I have a 622 and a SlingBox Pro HD properly connected, can use SlingGuide, but can't figure out how to watch TV using just the SlingGuide.

Is this possible? If so, how do we do it? Or, is it maybe a feature that hasn't yet been implemented?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

I dunno about sling guide integration, but i know you can tune your dvr using the sling guide which would let you connect to your slingbox and watch without an ir blaster...

Did you put in all of the details about your Slingbox into the receiver configuration?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I originally set up the SlingGuide to work with my receiver before I added my SlingBox. The SlingBox was connected later and I can watch TV using the SlingPlayer software installed on my laptop, but I also want to be able log on to my SlingGuide account through the Internet on another computer that doesn't have the software installed and watch my TV that way.

I was led to believe that this was possible using just the SlingGuide, as long as I had a SlingBox connected to the receiver. Are you saying that I now need to go back into the receiver setup again and make additional changes there? If so, what changes do I make and how do I go about it?

Thanks again for any help.

I dunno about sling guide integration, but i know you can tune your dvr using the sling guide which would let you connect to your slingbox and watch without an ir blaster...

Yes --- I know that I can control the dvr using the SlingGuide on both my iTouch and on just about any computer with Internet access, without an ir blaster, because I did this before I bought and attached my SlingBox, but how do I watch the programming remotely using the SlingGuide? I thought this was one of its features.

Sorry if I am being dense on this. Thanks for any additional help.

well think about it... Unless you somehow linked the 2 items under the same account somewhere (again i have no clue, i dont have a slingbox) the sling guide won't know you have a sling box. They are 2 different peices of hardware that don't talk in any way, so it won't just magically know.

From the FAQ at the top of dish.sling.com. Hope this will help you do what you are looking for.

How do I add / delete a Slingbox?
To add a Slingbox go to the Preferences tab, click and . You will need your Finder ID and password to complete the process. Your Slingbox Finder ID can be found by running the SlingPlayer application on your PC or Mac and selecting Help->About My Slingbox. The Finder ID is a 32-digit code. To delete a Slingbox, go to the Preferences tab, click , then click next to the receiver to which the Slingbox is connected. Click on the Slingbox name and delete the Finder ID.

From the FAQ at the top of dish.sling.com. Hope this will help you do what you are looking for.

How do I add / delete a Slingbox?
To add a Slingbox go to the Preferences tab, click and . You will need your Finder ID and password to complete the process. Your Slingbox Finder ID can be found by running the SlingPlayer application on your PC or Mac and selecting Help->About My Slingbox. The Finder ID is a 32-digit code. To delete a Slingbox, go to the Preferences tab, click , then click next to the receiver to which the Slingbox is connected. Click on the Slingbox name and delete the Finder ID.

Yoo hoo! Got it to work. I had to add the SlingBox profile to my receiver, as you instructed, and then also a SlingPlayerWeb Add-On to my Firefox browser, but seems to be fine. I'm not sure the guest computers that I was planning to use will be so accomodating though.

But, it's a start and thanks to all!

The viewing in the browser is OK as a backup or if you can't run the Slingplayer which is what it sounds like you're using it for. But it's not nearly as nice or flexible as the Slingplayer app.

Also, you may know this, but only 1 device at a time can see the SlingBox. So you can't watch your SlingBox from 2 PC's at the same time. FYI.

The viewing in the browser is OK as a backup or if you can't run the Slingplayer which is what it sounds like you're using it for. But it's not nearly as nice or flexible as the Slingplayer app.

Also, you may know this, but only 1 device at a time can see the SlingBox. So you can't watch your SlingBox from 2 PC's at the same time. FYI.

Yes, thanks. I know I can't watch it on two computers simultaneously. I just want to be able to watch my dvr from my friends' computer when I am at their house. I can do that now, as long as I add the appropriate plug-in to their Firefox browser.

Yes --- I know that I can control the dvr using the SlingGuide on both my iTouch and on just about any computer with Internet access, without an ir blaster, because I did this before I bought and attached my SlingBox, but how do I watch the programming remotely using the SlingGuide? I thought this was one of its features.

Sorry if I am being dense on this. Thanks for any additional help.

I was excited to hear about the remote access, simply because I thought it would be a way to control the unit without an IR blaster.

But is there a way to get the unit out of sleep mode?? Without that functionality, the IR blaster is still needed to watch the unit and the remote access is only useful for programming the DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)