Watch 'Watson' on Jeopardy February 14-16th 2011

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
Just watched a really awesome show on PBS this morning. A computer named "WATSON" was created and trained by IBM as an artificial intelligence to stand off against real life Jeopardy players! It was a highly interesting program!

Tune into Jeopardy on February 14th - 16th to watch "WATSON" play for real!

RADAR

I don't know if these Jeopardy episodes will be aired on Ku-Band FTA. I have not followed this game show, so I don't know where it airs (NBC/ABC/CBS/FOX), but I certainly wish to record this one. Is Jeopardy currently aired on any channel that is FTA Ku? If not on Ku, can someone please record it and save me a copy? I'll pay for the disc and your time and mailing expenses! I want to see this! Truly, this is going to be awesome!

RADAR

I'll be recording my local ATSC HD channel for my wife to see, using MyTheatre in a .TS file. it's on CBS right after the news here.

This may be something for the people that do a lot of scanning during the day time to look for and report on. It "should" be a feed from ABC (or Sony) to be picked up by local stations.

Jeopardy is normally taped before a live audience and they tape five shows in one day. If I remember correctly, back in the heyday of my youth (thinking here about C Band in the late 90's), I used to catch it on like a Monday and they would feed all five shows around 6:00 AM, one right after an other with pauses in between to change tape or insert commercials.

Something to think about.

I only have one ABC channel that I watch on a normal basis, that being the Caribbean MUX on 99W. I just looked forward for the week upcoming and don't even see Jeopardy listed on that station. Normally we watch it here OTA from Phoenix, and it's on at 4:30PM, just before the 5:00 news.

Photto

I don't see it listed for any of my FTA satellite channels. I would have to hook up an OTA antenna to watch the locals to view it. Unfortunately, I will be at work when it airs.

RADAR

I hooked up my OTA digital antenna and pulled Jeopardy in from 6.1 Omaha.

Watching the program now. Watson is pulling away like Moses through the Red (or Reed) Sea!

Go Watson! :)

RADAR

This is so COOL!

Doggone, that was over too quickly! I wanted to watch more!

This is the coolest thing that I have ever seen. Sorry if the inner "COMPUTER GEEK" or "technofreak" in me came out just there.... But, that was neat! I have goose-pimples all over just from watching it! Seriously! That was fun!

RADAR

I don't see it listed for any of my FTA satellite channels. I would have to hook up an OTA antenna to watch the locals to view it. Unfortunately, I will be at work when it airs.

RADAR

I took the day off from work due to a hypertension problem. I decided to watch this show.

Just in case you wondered. I don't feel more healthy, but I feel more more happy.

RADAR

Yes, he did good there! Picking a daily double right off! Was that on his first pick? I don't recall. I knew he got one, but I was distracted and I came in late. I was searching for the show because I didn't know which channel aired it. I get more OTA channels than I expected so I was still scrambling through them all searching for Jeopardy when I finally found it. I may have missed the first couple of minutes of the show

Once I got it, I was hooked! This is not my style, I hate game shows, but this one was important to me, for the obvious reasons. I was tuned in here.

RADAR

Well I still can't " pick a winning horse" Ken did poorly. But Watson didn't run away with the contest. And it didn't occur to him that he gave the same wrong Question as Ken did on one answer. Just shows how that mind is tuned. I guess it also shows what they said in the beggining that Watson is deaf and blind. He could not hear Ken's responce or Alans telling him so.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)