Watchespn access on my LG G2

Hmm. Did you select Dish as your provider & use your Dish login for the NBC app?

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2
Yes. I logged in with my dish Info on the NBC sports Extra app and was able to watch. But when I went to ESPN, still wanted me to choose provider. Going to try on my Nexus 7 2nd gen now.

Edit: it did work on my Nexus 7. Not sure why the Nexus 5 doesnt work.

This worked briefly on my iPhone but a return to WatchESPN and it was not working. If nothing else, seems pretty clear they are just about ready to flip the switch.

Worked for me on the Galaxy S4. Downloaded the watch ESPN app and did not work due to Dish not listed as provider. Then, downloaded the NBC Sports app and logged in with dish password and it worked. It asked me if it wanted to save the password and I said yes. Started the watch ESPN app and it started right up no logging in or asking of provider. In the upper right corner it says powered by DIsh. I think we are close.

It works. I can't get the computer to replicate it, but I can on my Samsung phone.

I also noted there is a definitely a delay. Watching Sportscenter on TV and phone and there is certainly a delay, but wow.

I cannot get it via the Google TV interface, which means I could actually watch it on the big screen if I could. But this is a good sign that it's got to be almost there.

Last edited:
I don't have NBC Sports in my package so it wouldn't let me login to that app, but I tried with the TNT app as somebody else had mentioned. It did not work on my iPhone.

I don't have NBC Sports in my package so it wouldn't let me login to that app, but I tried with the TNT app as somebody else had mentioned. It did not work on my iPhone.

I do not currently have NBC sports channel either either, but I was able to walk through the setup and password log on and then load WatchESPN app and it works like a charm.

So hopefully we are almost there.

I do not currently have NBC sports channel either either, but I was able to walk through the setup and password log on and then load WatchESPN app and it works like a charm.

So hopefully we are almost there.

I tried with the nbc sports app that time and it still didn't work on my iPhone.

Of course... an NBC app to run an ESPN app.... That was exactly my first thought....

FYI. That blackout rules are such that if it's blacked out on your dish account it will be blacked out for you, but if it's showing on ESPN 1, 2 or 8 it'll show up in the app

Watching Mariners and Angels on my phone at work

BTW, the NBC trick works on the website as well. log in to http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/
and then go back to ESPN

Last edited:
Worked for me this morning on my Asus tablet. Had to leave the NBC Sports Live app running (on the golf channel) even though it was set to "Remember Me". No "powered by DISH" logo anywhere on the watchESPN screen, but I was able to watch Mike & Mike live on the app.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 131
Disney app also logged in this same way this AM. See attached pic. NOT working with Disney Jr app (go figure).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 119
No tricks necessary anymore. Dish is now listed as a provider on my iPhone. I just logged in and fired up ESPN.photo(1).PNG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)