Watching direct tv on smartphone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrmike316

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
Well just wondering if anyone knows if there is software on directvs website to watch live tv on a smartphone. The reason I ask is because yesterday I had a tech at my house,and he seen my VULKANO player. He told me directv has free software on there website to watch live tv on my smartphone.

DodgerKing said:
Only for the iPad and it can only be done when on your own home network.

Yeah that's what I thought,I wonder where the techs get there information from

Can't believe everything ya hear either.

I heard a few months ago that they would be doing INSTANT Rebates, but I haven't seen that implemented yet either.

I'm still waiting to see if they are gonna allow you to use your Android Tablet to do the same.

Can't believe everything ya hear either.

I heard a few months ago that they would be doing INSTANT Rebates, but I haven't seen that implemented yet either.

I'm still waiting to see if they are gonna allow you to use your Android Tablet to do the same.

Probably not for while...some company's have their head in the sand believe everyone has iphones and ipads. When it is actually the other way.

Probably not for while...some company's have their head in the sand believe everyone has iphones and ipads. When it is actually the other way.

Could also be a contract that it's available on ipad only for the first x amount of months (12 maybe)

Directv Everywhere is coming out very soon, you will be able to watch any channel on an iPad, iPhone or android.

Directv Everywhere is coming out very soon, you will be able to watch any channel on an iPad, iPhone or android.

OSD - are you sure on the bold'd part, that is a big statement that is different than what we've seen so far from Directv streaming wise.

jcrandall said:
OSD - are you sure on the bold'd part, that is a big statement that is different than what we've seen so far from Directv streaming wise.

Eventually yes. Beta version avail on ipad now and channels are slowly being added to the service.

Yeah i am positive. Iwork for DTV and we just got the info that any channel in the customers package will be available for streaming to mobile phones, iPhone, Andriod, on Directv.com and iPads.

Yeah i am positive. Iwork for DTV and we just got the info that any channel in the customers package will be available for streaming to mobile phones, iPhone, Andriod, on Directv.com and iPads.

Outside of your own network ?

Also, what kind of PRICE are they gonna put on THAT, they have to charge for such a thing ... why ? Because they CAN ... Ugh.

They probably will eventually charge it as an additional receiver. Then I will just use my Slingbox to do the same thing for free.

mrmike316 said:
Well just wondering if anyone knows if there is software on directvs website to watch live tv on a smartphone. The reason I ask is because yesterday I had a tech at my house,and he seen my VULKANO player. He told me directv has free software on there website to watch live tv on my smartphone.

A sling box (299.00) and the slingplayer app (29.99)

Nothing free yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)