Watching DVR program but keeping live TV

thepick48

Original poster
Sep 1, 2017
Arizona
I made the switch from DirecTV recently and I loved when I was watching live TV I could watch a recording and then go back to live TV and it would still have the history of that recording. I could rewind it a little bit and watch a beginning of the show. Is there anyway to set up the Hopper 3 to do this? When I go back to live TV after watching a recorded TV it shows no history of the live show.

You could use the swap feature to do the same thing. You could start watching live TV, pause it, then press the swap button to switch tuners, start the recorded show, then use the swap button to switch between the two (that is how it works on my HWS, I assume that it works the same on the Hopper 3).

You could use the swap feature to do the same thing. You could start watching live TV, pause it, then press the swap button to switch tuners, start the recorded show, then use the swap button to switch between the two (that is how it works on my HWS, I assume that it works the same on the Hopper 3).

It not only works the same on a Hopper 3 but you can keep 3 other tuners buffered with Multi-View while watching a recording. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)