This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Watching Hispasat with Dish Network 500 dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrgaucho

Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Hi there,

I've been reading about this great forum for some time.
I used to have a subscription with Dish Network but discontinued before moving.
I'd like to tune in the FTA Spanish channels on Hispasat and others, so here's my question:

- Can reuse my old Dish Network 500 dish (with its LNBs) to tune the FTA channels for this satellite?

- If I can't...what do you recommend as a configuration for a beginner with
a low budget ?

Thanks for your help! BTW I'm based in the Washington DC area.

Cheers!

Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum

You will need at least a 30" dish for this satellite and most all FTA channels, look around and you may be able to pick up a used Primestar Dish, then all you need is a cheap receiver and you will be all set, no need for a motor as you are only looking for one channel (for now)

Suggestions: LNBs and receiver

Hi Pete,

I guess my prev post wasn't in the backup before the glitch

Thanks very much for your help. On a related question, would
I be able to use the LNBs from the Dish 500 with the Primestar
dish or should I just shop for the Primestar with the LNB included.

I also read a lot about the Pansats and Coolsats, but what would
you recommend as a good receiver?

You guys rock! Thanks again!

Marty

Marty

On Hispasat 1 C there are FTA and Pay Spanish channels. The FTA channels you can receive with an FTA receiver, 30"+ dish, a linear LNBF. You can't use your dish500 LNBFs to receive the signal from Hispasat.

If you plan on subscribing to the Pay channels in the future, you might want o consider the Fortec Star 5900 receiver.

Good luck to you.

Great...

Thanks Sadoun!

How much does a subscription to the Hispasat channels cost? On the other hand, I just learned that if one has the Dish Network equipment I can call up and buy a subscription. Is that cheaper than getting the monthly $30 bill which includes free equipment?

Cordially,

Marty

Question Sadoun, when you say the Fortec 5900 has a card slot and if an fta receiver. Exactly what company will sell you a card a subscription to their programming using this specific receiver?

sikma said:
Question Sadoun, when you say the Fortec 5900 has a card slot and if an fta receiver. Exactly what company will sell you a card a subscription to their programming using this specific receiver?

Globecast and the company that runs the subscription stuff on Hispasat

(you cant put a Dish or ExpressVu card in it)

Status
Please reply by conversation.