Watching Hispasat with Dish Network 500 dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrgaucho

Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Hi there,

I've been reading about this great forum for some time.
I used to have a subscription with Dish Network but discontinued before moving.
I'd like to tune in the FTA Spanish channels on Hispasat and others, so here's my question:

- Can reuse my old Dish Network 500 dish (with its LNBs) to tune the FTA channels for this satellite?

- If I can't...what do you recommend as a configuration for a beginner with
a low budget :) ?

Thanks for your help! BTW I'm based in the Washington DC area.

Cheers!

Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :wave

You will need at least a 30" dish for this satellite and most all FTA channels, look around and you may be able to pick up a used Primestar Dish, then all you need is a cheap receiver and you will be all set, no need for a motor as you are only looking for one channel (for now)

Suggestions: LNBs and receiver

Hi Pete,

I guess my prev post wasn't in the backup before the glitch :)

Thanks very much for your help. On a related question, would
I be able to use the LNBs from the Dish 500 with the Primestar
dish or should I just shop for the Primestar with the LNB included.

I also read a lot about the Pansats and Coolsats, but what would
you recommend as a good receiver?

You guys rock! Thanks again!

Marty

Marty

On Hispasat 1 C there are FTA and Pay Spanish channels. The FTA channels you can receive with an FTA receiver, 30"+ dish, a linear LNBF. You can't use your dish500 LNBFs to receive the signal from Hispasat.

If you plan on subscribing to the Pay channels in the future, you might want o consider the Fortec Star 5900 receiver.

Good luck to you.

Great...

Thanks Sadoun!

How much does a subscription to the Hispasat channels cost? On the other hand, I just learned that if one has the Dish Network equipment I can call up and buy a subscription. Is that cheaper than getting the monthly $30 bill which includes free equipment?

Cordially,

Marty

Question Sadoun, when you say the Fortec 5900 has a card slot and if an fta receiver. Exactly what company will sell you a card a subscription to their programming using this specific receiver?

sikma said:
Question Sadoun, when you say the Fortec 5900 has a card slot and if an fta receiver. Exactly what company will sell you a card a subscription to their programming using this specific receiver?

Globecast and the company that runs the subscription stuff on Hispasat

(you cant put a Dish or ExpressVu card in it)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts