Motor mount/dish size question...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Forts

Original poster
Apr 19, 2005
Well after moving and getting settled in I'm slowing starting to get back to this FTA stuff. I was able to pick up a PanTec Ultra ird for a reasonable price, and with using my old DirecPC dish I'm having reasonable success in finding feeds. Now the next thing I can see that I need is an sq1200 motor mount, which leads me to my question... Does anyone know if it will support one of the old DPC dishes? I see the motor is spec'd to 120cm and the DPC is about 90, but it sure is hefty. Is anyone out there currently using this combination?

Thanks!!!

The bracket on the back is what usually has the most weight. I tried it with a SG2100 motor and almost blew up the motor :D

(my dish is a 39x23 DirecPC)

If you can rig the bracket and remove the back part, that would drop a LOT of weight off the unit

Thanks for the info... I'll hafta take a look at the mount and see if I can't rig it a different way.... I don't really want to lose the skew adjustment though. Hmm, decisions decisions!! :)

depends on the weight of the dish

I have 2 DirecPC dishes...one 39x23 and one 36x20
The 39x23 has a back of solid steel, so it is heavy
The 36x20 is that hard plastic type so the weight is much less

My Starchoice dish is the same hard plastic type...its 37x27 and I could mount that on my SG2100 no problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)