This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Watching Superbowl!!! Help

mogack

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
I get locals in my area but not abc. Any suggestions on how I can watch the superbowl?

I hearsd there is a waiver that I can get since I don't get ABC so I can get a national ABC.

Thanks

There is no waver process to watch the Superbowl as it is not a Distant Network, the SuperBowl in HD is being classified as being a "Special Program" therefore waiver rules do not apply.

The only cities that will see the SuperBowl are the 10 areas I listed in the thread above.

I do not have hd. will I still be able to get this "special program"?

Not looking for waiver specifically for superbowl but for ABC. I would actually like to have it long term. Not just for the Superbowl.

mogack said:
I get locals in my area but not abc. Any suggestions on how I can watch the superbowl?

I hearsd there is a waiver that I can get since I don't get ABC so I can get a national ABC.

Thanks
You didn't say SD or HD. Doesn't matter anyway, it's too late in the game now to get waivers by Superbowl Sunday. Go find a sports bar that'll have the game on a big screen HD, watch it there.

Boo Hoo. That means I have to go to the bar (thanks for the excuse). HAHAHAH. Will make the little woman happy lol.

But there is a waiver to get the National ABC?

mogack said:
Boo Hoo. That means I have to go to the bar (thanks for the excuse). HAHAHAH. Will make the little woman happy lol.

But there is a waiver to get the National ABC?

you do not say where you live. if you live in an area that is unable to get ABC you can qualify for a distant net of ABC. You do not need a waiver if you qualify. They will turn it on immediatly.

To mogack: You stated you do not have HD. The Superbowl feed is HD so only HD receivers will get them. Also, the feed is for only ABC affiliates that are owned and operated by ABC, that cuts the feed down to about 10 markets.

I live in zip 63445 I do not get abc with my locals from dish. So if I called they would set me up?

I mean with a distant abc network? Do I get to pick? for example I have famiy in California, would I be able to get that ABC?

DO we have to do anything special to receive it?

I am in the New York Locals market so I should be getting it, but I don't see channel 240 on my guide yet.......

Marty43 said:
you do not say where you live. if you live in an area that is unable to get ABC you can qualify for a distant net of ABC. You do not need a waiver if you qualify. They will turn it on immediatly.

Dish said I have to go through the network???????

Baught an amplifier for my ant. works great. Thanks for the help though.

I called Dish and they told me that I would be able to get the Super Bowl in HD on channel 240. Minneapolis market.

I live by Toledo,, 20 Miles West Of Cleveland,, Does this count?