Water side retaining wall

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
My fathers residential lot sits on a canal here in Virginia Beach and it has an old wooden retaining wall that has pushed out from the bottom through erosion and some rather large muskrats that have undermined the wall and dug burrows into the bank, the well intentioned but clueless lady across the canal feeds them along with all sorts of wildlife and as a result there is a family of about a dozen inhabiting my bank as well as hers and the next door neighbors.

What I want to do is build a new retaining wall out of reinforced cement say about a foot wide but I haven't been able to find anything online yet about the proper way to go about building a fresh water retaining wall like this.

What I'm thinking I will have to do is put in a hollow foot wide wall and pump out the water inside the wall and between the inner wall and the bank. To anchor it inplace I plan on taking some steel rods and putting one end into a hole in the bank about two foot deep and the other end into the hollow wall with the end bent to anchor into the cement wall and put a rebar grid down into the hollow wall and fill it with concrete and after its dried back fill the the interior with clean fill and put in a drain line possibly and a railing .

Any thoughts from those in the know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)