Way to rename recorded programs on Hopper

sheriek

Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
Hi,

I had a VIP622 DVR (I believe that was the number) and I had a external hard drive attached to it. I renamed a couple programs(because you could rename on that DVR) 001 SHOW, 002 SHOW. 003 SHOW and so on so that they would be at the top of my recorded programs list and be in order on the hard drive. Well now I have upgraded to the hopper (which automatically puts episode numbers on each show) but it won't put them all together because they are named with the numbers and SHOW instead of just SHOW. Is there a way to rename things on the Hopper or some other way to revert the name back to the original.

Hi,

I had a VIP622 DVR (I believe that was the number) and I had a external hard drive attached to it. I renamed a couple programs(because you could rename on that DVR) 001 SHOW, 002 SHOW. 003 SHOW and so on so that they would be at the top of my recorded programs list and be in order on the hard drive. Well now I have upgraded to the hopper (which automatically puts episode numbers on each show) but it won't put them all together because they are named with the numbers and SHOW instead of just SHOW. Is there a way to rename things on the Hopper or some other way to revert the name back to the original.
Unfortunately, no.

Would be nice. Some of the show names changed with the new guide provider so they don’t go into the same grouping on the dvr anymore.

Reactions: navychop
It would also be useful for those occasions when the H3 records the right program but the title says something like “Showtime 2 Programming.” I had this happen to me in September when I set the H3 to record “Trading Places” with Eddie Murphy. It recorded but my DVR calls it “Showtime 2 Programming.” My work around was to create a folder called “Trading Places,” then I moved the recording in there. Now at least I know what it is.

Reactions: pattykay
I used the rename feature to rename short video clips that I recorded. For example, while watching the David Letterman show, a band would come on and perform a song that I liked. I would back up the video to just before the song started, hit record, then advance to real-time, wait for the song to end, then press the Stop button. That would give me a short video clip of just the song. I would then rename the clip so that I would know what it was. I can't do that anymore!

That would give me a short video clip of just the song. I would then rename the clip so that I would know what it was. I can't do that anymore!
Yes, and you're paying more than double the DVR fee for the privilege of not being able to do that anymore. :)

Once upon a time, when I was about 17, I came to this epiphany that in life, it's the little things that count. So obvious is that here when I see the impact of losing things like naming DVR recordings and the life altering loss of 4X FF.......

All the little things add up to a bigger impact.

4x FF
Renaming
Dish Pass
Manual timers
List View
Change nightly reboot time
etc...

All the little things add up to a bigger impact.

4x FF
Renaming
Dish Pass
Manual timers
List View
Change nightly reboot time
etc...

The Hoppers have manual timers and they don't reboot nightly any more.

I don't have the time to make a long, long list of the things that Hoppers do that 722's don't. :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)