Wayward Pines

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes, I am aware of that.

I have all of my series set to record on both my DirecTV and TWC DVRs. I removed Wayward Pines from my TWC box as soon as it ended last year, but never did on my DirecTV box for whatever reason. I use DirecTV less and less because I can't put up with that POS HR34 anymore so I didn't even realize I had two weeks of it recorded.
Call in and get it replaced ...

And I'll either get another crappy HR34 or an HR44 and I'm guessing I'll be locked into a two year agreement, and I'd rather not be. Unlike cable, I can't go down to the local DirecTV office and ask for the newest box and have my request honored. The HR54 is the latest and greatest and I will not accept anything less. And I know my chances of getting one are slim to none.

And I'll either get another crappy HR34 or an HR44 and I'm guessing I'll be locked into a two year agreement, and I'd rather not be. Unlike cable, I can't go down to the local DirecTV office and ask for the newest box and have my request honored. The HR54 is the latest and greatest and I will not accept anything less. And I know my chances of getting one are slim to none.
Well, I believe that they won't give 54s out unless you have 4k equipment (at least it was that way). If you have 4k sets they have to give you a 54.
Why do you need the 54 if you don't have 4k ?
Essentially they are the same box.

I like having the latest and greatest. I don't want the possibility that a year and a half from now the HR44 will be garbage like the HR34 is today and the HR54 will still be fine. The HR34 has caused me to lose all of my faith in DirecTV when it comes to firmware completely destroying the usability of a set top box.

I like having the latest and greatest. I don't want the possibility that a year and a half from now the HR44 will be garbage like the HR34 is today and the HR54 will still be fine. The HR34 has caused me to lose all of my faith in DirecTV when it comes to firmware completely destroying the usability of a set top box.
Interesting that many installers are saying with the software upgrade they did, the 349 are rolling along fine again.
I don't have a 34, so I can't say, I have rarely went and got the 1st thing out there,with the exception being the HR20 when it came out, but had the H10 before that.
I skipped the 21-23 series, got the HR24 when they came out and still have them running in most of my systems ... Mainly due to the 1 Genie per account rule.
I tend to look for a track record before jumping, usually.

I just realized this is the Fox thread, not the D* thread, sorry guys.

Am I the only one slightly intrigued as to where the storyline goes next? Seems like a good fight warming up between the Hitler-youth-wannabe leader and the new doctor. Looks like the evolution of the abbies is going to be a larger part of the story too.
We'll, now we know more about how/why Jason became (forced) leader.
Looks like the Dr.s role is gonna be interesting thru out the year.

Looks like the Dr.s role is gonna be interesting thru out the year.

Looks like the relationship the Doc has with his "wife" and her role in all this is about to get interesting too. Seems like there may be more to it than just her being revived earlier than him.

Looks like the relationship the Doc has with his "wife" and her role in all this is about to get interesting too. Seems like there may be more to it than just her being revived earlier than him.
I'm really surprised that they brought Pam back last week and killed her off in the same episode ?
Then again, does ANYONE really die in Wayward Pines, don't they just put the ones they want back, back to sleep to reappear when desired ?

What happened to Kate from last year, is she dead or living in the background at the moment, I forget.

What happened to Kate from last year, is she dead or living in the background at the moment, I forget.

Kate slit her own throat at the end of the first episode this season. Remember the scene where she knocked Megan (the psycho teacher) out of her wheelchair at the end?

I'm going to take a wild speculative guess & say that Pilcher & company did something to pi$$ the Abbies off when they woke up to claim the land for Wayward Pines. Maybe the reclamation included a little genocide & the forced eviction of the Abbies already living there. Miss Wheelchair Lady his been feeding the academy students misinformation about the Abbies to justify killing them.

I'm only two episodes in so far. I find it interesting that the storyline about the food supply is going back to the original book series.

I think that it's obvious the female Abbie is the "Queen." The Wayward Pines people are too arrogant to figure that out. I also believe that this is an allegory about Europeans taking the Americas from the Native Americans. Pilcher did something to the Abbies in the very beginning to cause this hostility.
Edit: I almost bailed on this show last season because the plot was too slow to develop, & this season is doing the same. First off, the Abbies aren't evolving, they're acting the way that they have always been. Look at it from a "new age" perspective, the Abbies are "enlightened creatures" one with nature & mother earth, striking the perfect balance. Wayward Pines is an invasive species threatening the planet & must be eliminated by the Abbies in order to save the planet. First off, the Abbies can speak & they can understand the humans of Wayward Pines. The "Queen" communicates via telepathy with the other Abbies.
Now as far as Wayward Pines goes, the first generation is living according to "Wheelchair Lady's" sick demented vision. They are too arrogant to see the Abbies as nothing more than animals, just like the Nazis viewed other nationalities during WWII, including Jews, Gypsies, & Slavic people, & like Europeans viewed Native Americans. The rape rooms, oops, I mean "procreation rooms" are based on "Wheelchair Lady's" sick vision. It's like she drank the koolaid on the "Communist Manifesto." "Wheelchair Lady's" Wayward Pines deserves to be destroyed by the Abbies.

Last edited:
I think you're spot-on about the Abbies. I was thinking the same thing about the female being the leader, and what must be telepathic communication. There is clearly an intelligence to them, to see how quickly they went from appearing to fear fire, to figuring out how to use it to torch the crops. Possibly they never feared it, but had the intelligence to make it appear so to draw the folks of Wayward Pines outside the walls comfortably!

Megan (wheelchair lady) is at the heart of everything wrong with this place...it will be interesting to see how the Doc interacts with and/or corrals her as the new head of Abby research. To that end, though, I wonder if the Hitler-wannabe kid leader (forget his name) is really running the town, or if its really his girlfriend running the place. Sometimes it seems she is more in control of events than he is. Looks like I was right about the Doc's wife (ex-wife now?) being a bigger player in all of this, too, finding out she's the architect of the whole town.

Also...thinking more about Ethan's wife since the character doesn't seem to be going away. Who wants to bet she ends up with the Doc at some point, now that the Doc's wife has re-married in the Wayward Pines timeframe?

This show is so predictable, it is so obvious that Pilcher, the first generation, & wheelchair lady represent the Nazis, & they view the abbies as a "devolved" lower form of life, just as the Nazis viewed the Jews, Slavs, & Gypsies. The abbies are the ones "one with nature" & Wayward Pines is the cancer on earth.

I think you're spot-on about the Abbies. I was thinking the same thing about the female being the leader, and what must be telepathic communication. There is clearly an intelligence to them, to see how quickly they went from appearing to fear fire, to figuring out how to use it to torch the crops. Possibly they never feared it, but had the intelligence to make it appear so to draw the folks of Wayward Pines outside the walls comfortably!

Megan (wheelchair lady) is at the heart of everything wrong with this place...it will be interesting to see how the Doc interacts with and/or corrals her as the new head of Abby research. To that end, though, I wonder if the Hitler-wannabe kid leader (forget his name) is really running the town, or if its really his girlfriend running the place. Sometimes it seems she is more in control of events than he is. Looks like I was right about the Doc's wife (ex-wife now?) being a bigger player in all of this, too, finding out she's the architect of the whole town.

Also...thinking more about Ethan's wife since the character doesn't seem to be going away. Who wants to bet she ends up with the Doc at some point, now that the Doc's wife has re-married in the Wayward Pines timeframe?
It looks like Ethan's wife is dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)