WB announced some releases last night

The only movie I am wanting from the HD camp is Beowulf. Animation always upconverts well - so maybe not a big deal.

Nah, dont miss it. Have one great player, one less box under my tv, one less set of wires to deal with.

I decided there was no sense in owning it if I was not going to buy any movies. Ive seen transformers plenty, and Im getting batman.

The only movie I am wanting from the HD camp is Beowulf. Animation always upconverts well - so maybe not a big deal.

Saw it in the movies, NOT a buyer for me.

Only real movies I may miss buying this year are Iron Man, Hulk and Hellboy 2. But theres a chance I wont have to miss buying them ;)

Animation always upconverts well - so maybe not a big deal.

Upconversion does nothing, in my experience, for colors. Look at Ice Age/Meltdown or Ratatouille. MUCH better in HD. Convinced my wife that it was a wise expense.

:neener

I thought you got the HD DVD for Christmas?

Nah... one of the few things on my list that no one came through with.

I'll probably just own up and buy the HD version at some point.... although the longer I wait, the closer I get to the point that it comes out on BD, so we'll see... just comes down to when I feel like it's worth $70... I'd actually be much happier if they came out with the movies separately on BD - I'd probably just buy the first one.

That's probably what's kept me from getting the HD version so far - I just can't see spending that much when I'll probably only watch one of them.

I'd actually be much happier if they came out with the movies separately on BD - I'd probably just buy the first one.

That's probably what's kept me from getting the HD version so far - I just can't see spending that much when I'll probably only watch one of them.

Same here. I own all of them on SD DVD already and would probably only watch the first and maybe the second. (The 3rd still comes around on HBO HD from time to time.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)