WB Just Showed Up

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I live outside of Gainesville, FL and subscribe to the Gainesville locals. I get CBS, ABC, FOX, and PBS from Gainesville, and then I pay another $1.50 to get NBC from New York. I have a 211 and a 311. A few days ago I started getting WB out of New York (I think) on channel 251 on my 211. I didn't subscribe to it it just showed up. The weird thing is that it has not shown up on my 311. It's not an HD channel so there's no reason why it shouldn't be on the 311. Anybody else have anything like this?

but if your market doesnt have a WB you may get channel 251 (east & Central time zone perople get 251) out of Miami

my city is one of them (Duluth, MN) that gets this

Iceberg said:
but if your market doesnt have a WB you may get channel 251 (east & Central time zone perople get 251) out of Miami
Unless your Harrisburg. No local WB and they don't give you WB-West :(

It wont be there long I am sure... WB and UPN are shutting down.... new channel launching this fall, The CW (cbs/warner)

You know I wonder in markets where there is a WB and a UPN owned by different companies, who will get the new channel?

Last edited:
nitstalker said:
You know I wonder in markets where there is a WB and a UPN owned by different companies, who will get the new channel?

CBS O&O UPN channels will get The CW, as will Tribune WB channels. In markets with neither, the contract will be up for grabs to those interested.

FOX, because of their ownership of several former Kris-Kraft UPN locals, has launched "MyNetwork TV" for the other channel who would have lost out.

Do you have to do anything special to activate this channel?
It looks like I should receive 252, and when I enter my address and zip code on the Dish website to check local elligibility, It shows me as being elligible for 252, but niether my 510 or 522 even show that channel in the list. It would be nice to save the $1.50/mo we're paying now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)