WB & UPN HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chicagofilms

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Any word on DirecTV getting UPN and WB in HD? I see they now have NBC & will soon have FOX. The only networks I watch is FOX, WB and UPN. If DirecTV gets these two, they would have all the HD I really want.

If they are getting those two, I'll dump Dish tomorrow! I've hung in with Charlie for 7 years now, but HD is looking like it will drive me away. I'm just about to buy a 921, but would gladly spend my dough on a HD-Tivo.

Switch anyway. The 921 is bugridden. For the same money you can get the HD-Tivo and have a MUCH better unit.

One other thing I forgot is The Horror Channel. That might get me to jump ship as well depending on who gets it.

Any word on DirecTV getting that one? Charlie said on the chat the other day that he's never even heard of it, so I doubt Dish will get that one.

chicagofilms said:
One other thing I forgot is The Horror Channel. That might get me to jump ship as well depending on who gets it.

Any word on DirecTV getting that one? Charlie said on the chat the other day that he's never even heard of it, so I doubt Dish will get that one.

Did you also hear that he's actually referring customers to cable for local HD channels?

Rumor has it that Directv will have HD locals starting next summer.

Horror ch actually is due to launch OCT 31st....so I doubt that DirecTV would pick up the ch from the start. I know its generating alot of interest and looks promising. The only way you can get the Horror Ch on DirecTV is to keep calling and request the ch. If its anything like Monsters HD on VOOM it will be a good ch.

We'll I know every time I call D for something and no matter if its a CSR or a supervisor I say something about the horror channel and not one of them has ever said I have never heard of that , they say we are getting a lot of request for that channel, but that doesn't mean they will get it but it does help to let them know you want it . So we can only hope we get it.

don't even consider throwing money in the trash with your purchase of a 921. Get the best HD DVR on the market with DirecTV. Nothing can even come close to matching the power of an HD DirecTivo. It is offical that DirecTV will be offering locals in HD to many markets stating with the launch of Spaceway 1 & 2 next year. Dish has no such plan's to ever offer locals in HD to any or all of its customers. don't wait switch now to the soon to be leader in the best HD-DirecTV.

I wish it were as simple as just buying the HR10-250. I'd also have to replace 2 510's and a cheapo receiver. Then I'd need to get a tripple LNB dish & install that as well as pulling more cables. I've been looking, but have not found a deal that works for me.

Anyone know of someone selling a package with 2-SD tivos, 1-HD tivo, and one basic reciever w/tripple LNB dish? I'd also like to get an OTA antenna installed to get local HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)