rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
When I first got D* back in February I tried to get the WCBS-DT feed but was denied due to WDJT in Milwaukee showing up as grade B coverage for my address. I tried everything to get a waiver but the station wouldn't budge.

I just found out via a nice gentlman over on AVSForum that WDJT has given D* (don't know about E*) a blanket waiver for anyone in Illinois so I'm watching WCBS-DT via D*. So if you've tried it before but gave up, try it again and when you're told you need a waiver ask to be transferred to the waiver department, they have the paperwork.

Waiver department?

DTV doesn't have a " waiver department ". The closest thing to that would be Account Managements section on SHVA.... and Account Managements doesn't speak with customers.
FCC regulates waivers, the station may have moved/ closed/ or reduced signal strength making you now eligible, however blanket waivers are NEVER ( and that is one of the few times that you will see me type that word ) granted.
If the station has moved/ closed/ or reduced signal strength for one of it's affiliates, then some customers may now be eligible and others not.
My advice, try if you will... but don't get your hopes up.

Your Friendly DTV Res Spec
white_knight_2010@yahoo.com

directvrep said:
DTV doesn't have a " waiver department ". The closest thing to that would be Account Managements section on SHVA.... and Account Managements doesn't speak with customers.
FCC regulates waivers, the station may have moved/ closed/ or reduced signal strength making you now eligible, however blanket waivers are NEVER ( and that is one of the few times that you will see me type that word ) granted.
If the station has moved/ closed/ or reduced signal strength for one of it's affiliates, then some customers may now be eligible and others not.
My advice, try if you will... but don't get your hopes up.

Your Friendly DTV Res Spec
white_knight_2010@yahoo.com

Well the station didn't move and your system shows that I'm in the grade B contour for this station. Now if there was no such thing as a blanket waiver how can folks get the WCBS-DT feed in Viacom O&O markets?

Blanket waivers

rad said:
Well the station didn't move and your system shows that I'm in the grade B contour for this station. Now if there was no such thing as a blanket waiver how can folks get the WCBS-DT feed in Viacom O&O markets?
That's not a blanket waiver, that's an alternate feed of their own network. :shocked
ie: HBO & HBO W .... CBS- ( Local owned affiliate ) & CBS- ( Distant owned affiliate broadcasting in HD ).
If you consider yourself a multiple, then folks can get it.... I would call it either a clerical error, luck, or information being updated.

directvrep said:
That's not a blanket waiver, that's an alternate feed of their own network. :shocked
ie: HBO & HBO W .... CBS- ( Local owned affiliate ) & CBS- ( Distant owned affiliate broadcasting in HD ).
If you consider yourself a multiple, then folks can get it.... I would call it either a clerical error, luck, or information being updated.

Then using your reasoning I can get the NYC and LA feeds for all the networks since all the network stations are O&O's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Signal disappears between 8pm and noon

San Antonio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)