WCBS-DT (HD) guide data fix soon in NYC !

ilkevinli

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
WCBS-DT (HD) and WNET guide data now FIXED in NYC !

Hi All,
I just wanted to let everyone know about my little saga (espically those in NYC that get OTA HD). For the past month I have been continually emailing the CEO email address complaining that the guide data for WCBS (002-00) wasn't mapping to the OTA HD channel (002-01). After receiving a phone call 2 weeks ago from somone in that office, she stated that she wanted to replace my 622 to make sure it wasn't a problem with the receiver. I told her that I really didn't think it was a receiver issue but she insisted anyway. The next day I received a new 622 and sure enough the gude data still would not map correctly to WCBS and WNET (13) OTA channels. WCBS and WNET OTA channels show "Digital Service" in the guide. All of the other OTA channels map the guide data correctly. I called her and told her the new receiver still had the same problem. She told me she was going to have someone from the Technical Operatios department call me. The next day I got that phone call.

I explained the whole situation to him and he had me do a couple of things and give some information and he told me he was going to contact soomeone in the engineering dept and call me back the next day. Before getting off the phone, he gave me his full name and DIRECT number. The next day he did call me and he told me that he spoke to someone in the engineering dept (who he knew) and after digging around, the engineer found that for some reason, Dish network was transmitting a different "guide" number for the WCBS channel in the stream then what the WCBS office in the Empire state building (NYC) was sending. He told me that the way Dish was doing it was the correct way (according to te FCC) and that the engineer was going to contact a WCBS engineer in NYC and find out why they were transmitting a different "guide number" then what they were. He said that if they are told its only temporary they are going to just leave it. If they are told its premenant, then the Dish engineers will change it to match WCBS.

Im hoping for the best. I'm suppose to receive a phone call at the end of next week to find out what the WCBS engineer said. Ill keep everyone updated.

Last edited:
Let us know... I have the same problem and most likely everyone has the same problem in NYC. I posted about this about a year ago when I had my 942 and it was not mapping the channel 11 and 13 correctly. When I swapped to the 622, the channel 11 mapping was corrected but CBS and Thirteen had the same problem as you mentioned above. If there's anything I can do to help let me know.

Yes, I have had that problem with WCBS-DT since I have had Dish Network. I wish they would correct it so we get the guide information for that channel. I always have to go to channel 9483 or 6301 to get the guide information for that channel.

Well. I got a call tonight from the gentlemen I was talking too and sure enough WCBS (002-00) guide data is now mapping to to my OTA WCBS (002-01) channel. I was told that Dish just decided to make the change to match the WCBS affiliate.

Great job Dish !!!!

Last edited:
ilkevinli said:
Well. I got a call tonight from the gentlemen I was talking too and sure enough WCBS (002-00) guide data is now mapping to to my OTA WCBS (002-01) channel. I was told that Dish just decided to make the change to match the WCBS affiliate.

Great job Dish !!!!

No, Great job Kevin! You got this done for us all thanks. After months I fianally have the OTA guide data on WCBS-DT!

I was more concerned about getting CBS fixed. I didn't want to push the issue with WNET. Hopefully they will fix that also. :D

johninbricknj said:
Thanks Kevin. you the man!!!! :bow Now get to work on 13 WNET:D

Sean Mota said:
Let us know... I have the same problem and most likely everyone has the same problem in NYC. I posted about this about a year ago when I had my 942 and it was not mapping the channel 11 and 13 correctly. When I swapped to the 622, the channel 11 mapping was corrected but CBS and Thirteen had the same problem as you mentioned above. If there's anything I can do to help let me know.
I went several rounds of this myself. Talked to both dish and WCBS officials. WCBS swears it is a dish issue. I don't think it will be fixed that soon.

Its ridiculous for us to be intermediary's. Dish and WCBS need to talk directly to each other.:mad:

LOL !!! Did you even read the thread ? WCBS has been fixed :D

tnsprin said:
I went several rounds of this myself. Talked to both dish and WCBS officials. WCBS swears it is a dish issue. I don't think it will be fixed that soon.

Its ridiculous for us to be intermediary's. Dish and WCBS need to talk directly to each other.:mad:

ilkevinli said:
LOL !!! Did you even read the thread ? WCBS has been fixed :D
Okay. I had looked earlier today and it wasn't fixed. But surprise its now fixed. Only 10-11 months after Sean reported the lose, and I confirmed it. So thanks ILKEVINLI for finally getting through to someone at DISH who could correct.

Well might call the Eng you spoke or E-mail see what they say about the other channel it never hurts. Anyway glad they got it fixed! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)