Installer No Show

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

amoni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
Ok, I call Friday. Get set up for Monday between 8:am and 12:00 pm. Noon passes so I call Dish and they say the installer tried calling because he's running late but must have the wrong phone number. Should be there about 1:00. Now it's 4:00, no call even though I made sure Dish had the right number both times I called. So what's next? They didn't know who the installer was so I can't call their office. I'm sure there is not enough time today to do the job. Do I sit home all day again tommorrow hoping someone will show up? I want my VOOM!

I would call Dish see what install company they are using and get a contact number for installer.

I did that and the person from Dish said she didn't have that info. I'll ty again. The $49 install fee went through instantly though.

The installer will NOT just show up tomorrow to finish jobs that were missed the day before. You need to call Dish and find out when they've rescheduled your install appt. Yes, they'll do that and in many cases, they seem to forget to tell the customer !!

The guy showed up at 4:45. His work order had the wrong phone number and was missing info about what I wanted done. Everytime he called Dish they said that's the only number they had, it took me four calls to get Dish to change it. I had to laugh, it wasn't even a close number, where it came from, I dunno. Turns out he's a great guy who lives two blocks away and is coming first thing in the AM. Had Dish a while ago for years and this is actually the only glitch I've ever had with them. Ah Mondays. Thanks for the info. It's appreciated.

Sounds like what they did with me. Took three seperate attempts from three different installers to finally have someone come out. I was on the phone various times before and after to verify times and lets just say, it was hell.

After all that hell and finally got here, it was cool. They even forgot about one of my appointments and I called a few times about it! Can you believe that? I still can not because they record every call, as I do, to make sure my facts are straight and I'm not talking out of my butt. They gave me a free $100 offer for my troubles because I lost time and more money then that from work waiting at home for them.

So if you are a type A or type B personality, its all in your voice. You either laugh, or scream.

One thing that most people dont realize is that Dish Network works 365 days a year ( except for the management ofcourse ) so you can have you system serviced or installed even on christmas day and you can choose weekdays or weekend to have your system installed.

One thing that most people dont realize is that Dish Network works 365 days a year ( except for the management ofcourse ) so you can have you system serviced or installed even on christmas day and you can choose weekdays or weekend to have your system installed.

It's funny you mention that...LOL...

***installer gripe -- ALERT, ALERT!**

...I wished I had a nickel for every time I got the comment, "I can't believe you work on a Sunday!" (usually in reference to me showing up at the door, bright and early, right at 8 A.M -- usually seeing the customer rubbing their temples from a huge-ass hangover). Sarcastic cuss that I am, my reply lately has been something to the effect, "I can't believe you agreed to HAVING an installation on Sunday."

hahaha, I got that all the time as I worked sunday through wednesday and like you I would give a reply such as " Well you know you can choose any day of the week" or when it came to doing it on a holiday I'd say " Did they hold a gun to your head? No? well then your why Im here today"

Thanks everyone for the comments. That's why I love this place. So of course every things set up and looking great and I get hit with the east coast rain storm, aaahh Tuesdays! But here's a question. I just checked my bill online and lo and behold there is a charge for $119 for a Dishpro 34 switch. I know they state free basic installation but shouldn't this be included if they have a commitment for 18 months and that's what I need to get their service?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts