Wcbs Hd And 148

hffernandez

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
Been long time subscriber to E* for awhile, long enough to be grandfathered in for east (NY) and west (SD) network stations. Upgraded to a 508 last year, get my 811 installed this Friday with the HD package, all at retail. I noticed that WCBS was being offered on the 148 satellite in HD. I called CSR and asked since I'm already receiving WCBS can I just install an additional dish and get authorized for WCBS HD. She said just a minute.......she came back and explained no, I ended up talking with her Supervisor. He expressed that I would require two waivers one from the local CBS (Yuma, AZ) and one from CBS in Phoenix and after approval they would let me have it. The supervisor and I argued the point if it was the same programming or not, he said no, I said yes, I said one is in HD and the other is not. Of course the local CBS doesn't give waivers so I didn't even try talking to Phoenix. I can't believe the BS people have to tolerate just to watch a damm channel. I guess I have to be more PO at Networks for having us jump thru hoops. I know I'm lucky to get the east/west feeds but were in HD era now and all I/we want is what's available. Anyway, is there any programming in the clear on the 148 satellite to justify installing an additional dish. Frustrated and kinda happy, but would be happier to watch a NFL game in HD.
Hank

Hank

KCBS not WCBS

Hey Bobby,
I see the difference now, guess I wanted it enough that I didn't pay attention to the satellite. I guarantee it will be the same song and dance tho and still irritating.
Thanks
Hank

mwgii,
Thanks for the link which states:

Free to qualifying subscribers with a "standard" CBS subscription (Locals package or $1.50 a la carte Distant CBS subscription)

*CBS East HDTV (WCBS-DT New York) (Available from the 61.5° location ONLY)
*CBS West HDTV (KCBS-DT Los Angeles) (Available from the 148° location ONLY)

I read this as if you qualify for a CBS subscription one would be able to get this, am I
off base on this?
Hank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)