WCCO HD Mpls/St. Paul Glitch

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
This is the second time I've seen a glitch on the Wcco channel. In both cases it's been a distinct difference the top half and bottom half of the screen. Tonight I'm seeing a momentary lag in the image displayed on the top vs the bottom. This occurs when there is motion on the screen that crosses the middle.

I've rebooted the 622 and called into dish, but I wonder if this is a local problem sending stuff to dish, or is it a problem with dish sending it to me? (I don't have an HD antenna set up to check my locals directly)

I have seen this also. It happens on HD channels every once in a while. The SD channels are fine. I have a Vip 222. I just let it go for a while and it works it self out. I think it has something to do with the video processor that dish uses in the receivers. I have also noticed this happen with streaming video on computers.

Thanks for the confirmation. I don't believe it's a receiver problem, as it is unique to a particular channel when it happens. That means either it's the source (which if OTA says it's fine, it's not that) or it's in their uplink stream, the downlink stream, or the receiver. In the case of this issue, it was likely some sort of glitch in the data from Dish after they processed the feed from WCCO. This glitch in the data stream caused an issue for the receiver in processing the stream which resulted in the display.

One thumbs down for dish. I had to call twice to report this. The first guy I could barely hear as I was hearing an entire room of people talking. I could hear the guy say the dish greating, barely, so I yelled into the phone to take it off speaker. Didn't help, eventually the guy hung up on me. Second call got a very helpful, if not somewhat slow support person. Total time on the phone to report this was over 30 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts