WCUU Channel 48 our of chicago broadcasts in hd

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
i was talking to the nice lady from weigel broadcasting on the phone out of chicago and she told me about a channel called the u too channel 48 out of chicago and i checked their website and it is there she told me that if you and your friends request it to dish the greater chances you will be getting the channel it is the sister station to WCIU channel 26 that we are getting right now excellent programming everything from great courtv shows to a variety of show that i never heard of before.so if you guys can request the channel for me i sure appreciate it very much i am just relaying the news the lady from weigel told me on the phone.here is their website with the schedule what type of shows on there.

http://www.wciu.com/schedule/wcuu

http://www.wciu.com/files/channel_grid.pdf

thanks

Allen bluegras

If they would be interested in allowing Dish to broadcast free of charge, I'm sure Dish might be interested....

i understand what you guys are talking about the lady from weigel told me about the channel on the phone today

dish is carrying wwme metv 26.3 which is also a subchannel also this channel broadcasts on channel 48.1 check the pdf file above and it shows they broadcast in HD

i am just reporting what the lady told me on the phone i am sorry you guys i want this channel added to our lineup we only have one independent station that broadcasts in hd wjys channel 62 the religous and paid programming channel from chicago will be broadcasting in hd next spring i talk to them the other day on the phone.

dish is carrying wwme metv 26.3 which is also a subchannel also this channel broadcasts on channel 48.1 check the pdf file above and it shows they broadcast in HD

actually WWME is on 23-1. The only reason Weigel is carrying it on 26 is because 23 (and 48) are LOW POWERED whereas 26 is full powered

OK...lets go through this again,. shall we

IT IS A LOW POWERED STATION
THEREFORE IT DOES NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT QUALIFY FOR MUST CARRY

you can post the same sh*t over and over again it isn't going to change anything. Low powered stations do not qualify for must carry. So Dish is not obligated to carry it

Reactions: dishrich
That bluegras is something isn't he
I wouldn't be too hard on him maybe it's a condition from memory perhaps
Please tell me i'm wrong so it doesn't sound offensive?

There must be hundreds, if not thousands (thank you, digital), of these subchannels.....all with the same kind of programming......of perhaps some local value....or reruns available already. The world NEEDS more Jerry Springer! NEEDS it!

I like Alan. Let him preach. Although, Alan, I would only recommend doing the programming request thread, just to keep it on topic. Otherwise, I see nothing wrong with asking for more.

i talked to the lady from weigel broadcasting on the phone yesterday and she told me they have been trying to get this channel added onto dish for a year i told her i love the programming on WCIU channel 26 she told me that there will be new programming added in hd in a couple of months likely jan 2015 it would be nice to have another indepedent tv station to watch right now wjys channel 62 the religous and paid progamming channel told me a couple days ago on the phone that they will be transitioning to hd this spring and he told me that they need a new server,blu-ray,or dvd player possible to upcovert all the new programming that will be in hd.

thanks

Allen bluegras

I know. I was meeting in the middle, with the recommendation to take it to the programming request thread. I get where both sides are coming from. He wants more channels, you are tired of hearing it. I agree it shouldn't be on every thread unless that very specific channel is relevant to the conversation, and other then increasing bills and reduced bandwidth(Even less hd sports the ), most people would benefit. I have been watching it for awhile now. Much further back then this thread. Like I posted on one of these threads, I just get sick of the EPL complaints(beyond requests), as it never has been offered on dish from NBC, and the constant bitching about the equipment fees. So, I understand EXACTLY where you are. Lol. It just doesn't bother me as much I guess.

The other issue is the OP doesn't realize (or doesn't want to realize) that since the station is a low powered station, it doesn't qualify for must carry. Weigel can ask for it to be carried and if Dish says no they (Weigel) are screwed. Their only "fallback" is when the agreement comes up they hold their other full power stations hostage unless Dish carries the LP. Don't get me wrong. Dish DOES carry some Weigel LP stations but most of them are associated with major networks (South Bend, IN comes to mind. Weigel owns the ABC and My there). Its been posted numerous times here and at avsforum. Then he will say "well just upgrade to full power" and its been posted (again numerous times) that you just can't "upgrade to full power" when you are classified as a LP. The main issue is the CW in Madison (Janesville) Wisconsin is on the same RF channel (32) so upgrading isnt an option due to the short spacing of the stations. If I remember right, WMEU has to have a directional antenna for that reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts