Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well the just aired the new version of We Are The World. What did you think?

I do like how they added Michael Jackson in, but other then that I really didnt like it.

I didn't get the shouting in another language or the end of the song.

I didn't know who a lot of those artists were who appeared, but in thinking back when the original "We are the World" came out I think I said the same thing and look at the talent and superstars that came out of that group.

Whats your thoughts?

The original was 100% better. I really did not like what they did with it.

Agree, the original was an event. This, not so much. Wish they would have just done a different song.

I remember the original very well, but haven't seen the entire new version yet. I did see part of a "making of" clip somewhere, but except for the older performers I hadn't a clue who most of the others where. When did I get old?

but in thinking back when the original "We are the World" came out I think I said the same thing and look at the talent and superstars that came out of that group.

Whats your thoughts?

Really ?
When the original "We are the world" came out you didn't know who Bruce Springsteen was ? Cindy Lauper ? Diana Ross ? Stevie Wonder ? Lioneel Richie ? At the time pretty much all the performers were recognizeable to most people.

Some of them yes, but others no and they didnt really become popular until after the release of that song.

Vurbano you recognized all of them last night? ;)

Lets not forget that when the origional came out I was about 18. :D

I loved this version aswell. from being there when the earthquake happened and seeing those images in person. This really hit me. and Wyclef jean singing in creole " we are the world-we are the children " made it even more special.

I loved this version aswell. from being there when the earthquake happened and seeing those images in person. This really hit me. and Wyclef jean singing in creole " we are the world-we are the children " made it even more special.
Very special! I thought that was great! I was going to stay out of this thread after listening to the closed minded reply's but yours took me over the top. Thank you very much. That part of the song was sooo right for the song. I am creole from Texas and that part hit my heart!

The original "we are the world" was made up of well know, well established people.
That was part of the original idea was to bring all these well known people together for one night, check their egos at the door, and work together as a group to record the original "we are the world" recording in one night. I don't think there was anyone there that became popular after doing "we are the world".

Well, I downloaded the song and the video from itunes. I watched the video again, and I think it's awesome. So many diverse artists coming together for this one purpose, it's amazing. It's for a good cause. It is actually hard for me not to get choked up watching it, those little kids and all those people in all that devastation, I wish I could do more than donate money.

The Creator of the Universe, on the subject:

Matthew 6

1 "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' in front of others, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

The same Individual, on the subject of "as G-d has shown us, by turning stones to bread.."

Matthew 4

1Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. 2After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread."
4Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God."

The Creator of the Universe, on the subject:

Matthew 6

1 "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' in front of others, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

The same Individual, on the subject of "as G-d has shown us, by turning stones to bread.."

Matthew 4

1Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. 2After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread."
4Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God."

I agree. I think these stars use the crisis to get their faces on TV. People are going to give money to Haiti without this bologna anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts