We Want More Hd, Charlie!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Mark_AR said:
Umm.. Maybe the 6 channel app will be for the Rose Parade from 6 angles. LOL

OR it could be testing for the Superbowl.

This just in:

The 921 will require this channel to keep the receivers clock accurate. Cost 14.99 a month :D

This is exactly why I will wait till all the smoke clears and HD truely comes to ALL channels. I don't want to wast my time dicking around with all the hub bub that is going on. If it takes a year, so be it. I am very patient and besides my reception is good enough for me. I have found out over the years that the person who jumps feet first into a new technology is the first one to whine and cry when things aren't exactly what THEY think it should be. It is going to be awhile before there is one provider that will be able to give everything that peolpe want. There are so many different providers offering this and that. This also why I am going to wait another year for my wide screen TV, because prices are going to plummet in the next year and it will then be worth my time and money to buy it. It always takes awhile for any technology to become money worthy, take computers for example. How long were we complaing about the speed, color, reolution, storage, etc............ Today computers are just amazing at what they can do and we take this higher technology for granted. Eventually we will get the same satisfaction with broadcast technology but it will take time and patience.

shodobe said:
This is exactly why I will wait till all the smoke clears and HD truely comes to ALL channels. I don't want to wast my time dicking around with all the hub bub that is going on. If it takes a year, so be it. I am very patient and besides my reception is good enough for me. I have found out over the years that the person who jumps feet first into a new technology is the first one to whine and cry when things aren't exactly what THEY think it should be. It is going to be awhile before there is one provider that will be able to give everything that peolpe want. There are so many different providers offering this and that. This also why I am going to wait another year for my wide screen TV, because prices are going to plummet in the next year and it will then be worth my time and money to buy it. It always takes awhile for any technology to become money worthy, take computers for example. How long were we complaing about the speed, color, reolution, storage, etc............ Today computers are just amazing at what they can do and we take this higher technology for granted. Eventually we will get the same satisfaction with broadcast technology but it will take time and patience.

Without the early adopters, the ones you call whiners, the home computer age would have ended before it started. The HDTV early adopters, the ones you call whiners, will be the people who, eventually, make HDTV become a reality. So, sit back and be patient but remember who you owe thanks to when HDTV is taken for granted.

Mario

mperdue said:
Without the early adopters, the ones you call whiners, the home computer age would have ended before it started. The HDTV early adopters, the ones you call whiners, will be the people who, eventually, make HDTV become a reality. So, sit back and be patient but remember who you owe thanks to when HDTV is taken for granted.

Mario

What he said!!!

Iceman said:
\

Sounds exactly like a true Dish Network CSR!!!

I don't care if it is upconverted. Upconverted looks better than most of the crap I am getting from Dish anyway. Keep in mind until recent, HDNet, and Discovery HD were the only TRUE HD Dish had in the HD pack. HDNet movies, ESPN HD were mostly upconverted.

FYI hes not a dish CSR. I graduated from college a semester behind him.

I do agree with Iceman though.

On another front as some of you may know december 26th is the day i make the call to VE getting a D* setup... hope dish responds soon.. even though they wont.

All of these channels we want will come. We've been given the reasons why it's taking longer than we'd like. We've gotta remember how bad we had it. Put your requests in writing to your provider and wait for them to do it. If they don't ever do it, then not enough people agreed with you. I don't recall where I read it now, but you'll see that most popular channels are gearing up for the switch to HD. And E* and D* will both mostly likely carry them. Tell me off if you like, it's only fair, but some of you guys sound like spoiled rotten kids who never get enough. Alot of you have widescreen TV's that look better than what I had for 95% of my life. Enjoy the trip. Stop your damn cryin' and watch TV.

I would love to have more HD. As a big sports fan I would like ESPN2 in HD when it becomes available. I would also like FOX SPORTS BAY AREA in HD. It kills me everytime I am watching a game and it says...IN HD WHERE AVAILABLE. :no

Erikf said:
I would love to have more HD. As a big sports fan I would like ESPN2 in HD when it becomes available. I would also like FOX SPORTS BAY AREA in HD. It kills me everytime I am watching a game and it says...IN HD WHERE AVAILABLE. :no

AMEN!! I want to see my A's!! IN HD!!

Dish has no excuse not to provide it's customers more HD channels. It's very obvious that just about everybody these days are going out and getting HD TVs. Why? Because many consumers are now more aware from what they've seen in the stores and they like what they see and want it. If DISh don't want to give more for the money they charge for HD channels, which is ridiculous, then new and current customers will make sure DISH has a VOOM sound in it's future. :)

DISH has lost their competitive edge and now spend most of their time and resources downloading software program fixes for defective hardwares, trying to convince current customer that their systems has value added when it's just average while doing absolutely nothing and offering nothing to customers that have supported them for years. And they don't lead anymore, just follow. I would suggest DISH concentrate on quality equipment with recorders and HD to stay competitive.

Can you hear us Charlie???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts