We want to show our appreciation!?

Roxor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Indiana
Sorry if this has been previously posted.

I got a flyer in the mail the other day saying I am a valued customer and Dish wants to offer me two special rewards. One is the HD DVR Reward a $360 value, and the other is the Programming Reward for $230. Basically, they want me to sign a new two-year contract. I have been out of contact with ATT Dish since the end of February.

Any suggestions as to what I should do? I already have AEP/Locals/HD with 2 622s.

I would jump on any programming credits, especially if you had no intention of switching from DISH during the 2 year period of the new contract.

Some have expressed desire to be "free" and not tied to a contract but frankly, for me, switching is too much of a PITA to do it unless they really piss me off.

My bad for not doing a search. Looks like the second link is the same offer I got, so I guess there are a lot of Dish customers out of contract. I like the suggestion of one poster to ask for both offers, but I doubt they will bite. I hate being an ATT Dish customer, but when I last called ATT Dish they said I would lose the $5 discount and that the only difference would be a Dish account number as ATT Dish offers the same deals now and vacation stoppage. I guess I will give them a call. What do I have to lose?

they are offering it to people in contract as well. Seems like they are just trying to hold on to people at this point.

My bad for not doing a search. Looks like the second link is the same offer I got, so I guess there are a lot of Dish customers out of contract. I like the suggestion of one poster to ask for both offers, but I doubt they will bite. I hate being an ATT Dish customer, but when I last called ATT Dish they said I would lose the $5 discount and that the only difference would be a Dish account number as ATT Dish offers the same deals now and vacation stoppage. I guess I will give them a call. What do I have to lose?

Once unbundled you can get the Cinemax for a penny deal for 2 years with autopay. That is one reason I unbundled from Embarq.

Well, I called the number on the offer card this morning and lo and behold I got someone who spoke American English. Good news: I took the $230 off deal (No, he would not give me both offers.). Bad news: I had to accept the 24 month commitment. Worse news: I still have to pay $20 for HD, as the $10 HD is only for "new" customers; not loyal customers, but I was getting a good deal with the $230 off. He said he was sorry, but he was only doing his job and that Dish makes the rules. Kick in the head: I ask about unbundling from ATT and he tells me no need to do that. All I had to do was verify my email address and all would be fine. About 5 minutes after I hung up I get an email from Dish thanking me for providing my email address and that I could now access all my Dish account info, etc. etc. Well, I click the link to update my info and it tells me since I was being billed by a third party (ATT) this service is not currently available to me. WTF!!!

Worse news: I still have to pay $20 for HD, as the $10 HD is only for "new" customers; not loyal customers, but I was getting a good deal with the $230 off. He said he was sorry, but he was only doing his job and that Dish makes the rules.

So some existing customers are getting Platinum for free and some aren't. Not a good way to do business E*. Roxor, if I were you I'd play CSR roulette and get the Platinum for free like others are apparently doing.

Go online and do a chat and ask to be changed from whatever metallic hd pack you have , gold , silver, bronze to the HD + plat pack. That is easily done and the tech can change you online. IF that doesn't work then you need to email the following email address and they can help.

ceo @ echostar. com ----- spaces left on purpose so no spam.

Go online and do a chat and ask to be changed from whatever metallic hd pack you have , gold , silver, bronze to the HD + plat pack. That is easily done and the tech can change you online. IF that doesn't work then you need to email the following email address and they can help.

ceo @ echostar. com ----- spaces left on purpose so no spam.

I currently have Gold and Platinum HD, thus the $20 charge. I asked for both for $10, but the CSR said "no can do" as I reported earlier. I'll try the email route, but I am not optimistic at this point.

I currently have Gold and Platinum HD, thus the $20 charge. I asked for both for $10, but the CSR said "no can do" as I reported earlier. I'll try the email route, but I am not optimistic at this point.

Looks like it may be too late now. They just changed the DISH website to show HD + Plat for $10.00 is only for NEW SUBS now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)