weak OTA signal makes 211k freeze??

I have been running my 211K without any OTA issues.

I just wish it would display the guide data for the Albany, NY channels. It would make OTA recording easier.

it should....Albany is on both arcs (SD on 119, HD/SD on 61.5) so it should fill in the guide.

I have a VIP622. Many of my OTA's are under 70 and that's usually fine. The problems would occur if I left the 622 on one of these channels overnight. Sometimes the TV2 overnight timers would be a mess in the morning, I suppose from rebooting.

But I can't say dumping channels under 70 is a good idea for everyone. If that's what you can get, stick with it... just be sure it's not left on an "under 70" if you are away from home or overnight.

I have a VIP622. Many of my OTA's are under 70 and that's usually fine. The problems would occur if I left the 622 on one of these channels overnight. Sometimes the TV2 overnight timers would be a mess in the morning, I suppose from rebooting.

But I can't say dumping channels under 70 is a good idea for everyone. If that's what you can get, stick with it... just be sure it's not left on an "under 70" if you are away from home or overnight.
You have a rare machine.

If my tuner 1 is showing a partial signal loss while I'm watching a Dish feed, ie ESPN and tuner 2 is always on a Dish feed, the error message ALWAYS shows up when both tuners are on a Dish channel!

i'm too lazy to look this up. how do we know that the OTA is only for tuner 1? i wonder if it's really TV1. in the end, it's something Dish should have fixed along time ago. for some reason they haven't. maybe, the codebase has had this glitch for so long they're worried that fixing it is going to break something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts