Weather App on Joey

fpembleton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
S.C.
Using the Weather app on my Joey unit, I am unable to receive the correct weather forecast. I am in SC and when I select the Weather Channel it displays the data for Englewood, CO. I have the unit directly connected to my ISP router via Cat 5. My two HWS receivers both display the correct weather. I don't see an option to enter a zip code if that is the solution. Additionally, I reset the Joey and results show the same. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

Using the Weather app on my Joey unit, I am unable to receive the correct weather forecast. I am in SC and when I select the Weather Channel it displays the data for Englewood, CO. I have the unit directly connected to my ISP router via Cat 5. My two HWS receivers both display the correct weather. I don't see an option to enter a zip code if that is the solution. Additionally, I reset the Joey and results show the same. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

I had the same problem. When you have the weather on the right side open in the Joey, hit the blue button AGAIN to maximize the weather app (fill the whole screen). From there, you can scroll over to 'locations' and delete the CO location and put in your own zip as the default location.

That should do it.

What bellevuecoug says is correct. The Joeys have a default location of Englewood, CO, that's where Dish is located. So, simply press the blue button and then go to Locations and edit to your heart's content. I actually have 4 locations that I can easily look at.....

I had the same problem. When you have the weather on the right side open in the Joey, hit the blue button AGAIN to maximize the weather app (fill the whole screen). From there, you can scroll over to 'locations' and delete the CO location and put in your own zip as the default location.

That should do it.
Thanks so much I will give that a go!

What bellevuecoug says is correct. The Joeys have a default location of Englewood, CO, that's where Dish is located. So, simply press the blue button and then go to Locations and edit to your heart's content. I actually have 4 locations that I can easily look at.....
I gave that a go and it doesn't like me. When I maximize it spins until it times out. However, this is what I tried ( don't know why) - disconnected the Cat 5 cable during the maximized spinning, then hit the blue app buitton again which minimized it and my local forecast appeared on the right. However, when I reconnected the Cat 5 and tried to see if the matter was corrected, I was back to the either Englewood, CO minimized and maximized it hit the spin cycle (sounds like a washing machine) and timed out. Thank you for the suggestions. Not sure where to go from here.

I never use that app, but decided to try it when the wife was having problems getting it on her Joey. This was a day when we were experiencing record highs in our area of over 70F. The city was listed correctly, but it had the current temp as 20F (about 35 degrees too low) and was predicting a low of 13 that night. Checked it again the next day and it was back to normal. Someone had evidently slipped in some other area's forecast that evening for our area.

Dave

Recycle your router.....
Bobby thanks I proceeded with that step and my results are the same. Hate to call that Tech Support group but it may come to that. It is not the end of the world but I would like to have functionality with that Weather App. I know it had worked properly this past week so I just don't know. Hate having to change out equipment if the unit itself is malfunctioning. I still have that Protection Plan. Thanks so much.

Tonight I was going to watch one of the NBA games on NBA League Pass on this same TV which is connected to the Joey. I could not get the game on the screen for about 30 mins - it kept telling me to subscribe to the package for $189.00. I purchased NBA League Pass at the very beginning of the season. Tried resetting the Joey, turning the power off and waiting for about 1 minute and powering up - blank screen. I tried changing the some of the other games and same situation. I then checked both HWS and the NBA games were just fine. As I previously stated, after about 30 mins the game just came on. Many of you are so kind to offer me advice and have superior technical knowledge - I can't thank you enough. Wonder if the Joey unit has a problem and needs to be replaced?

How do you allow Joeys to connect to the internet,...my Hopper is connected,...but my 2 Joeys are not,...probably not the thread to ask,..but

I simply select location and make the first location, the default location, my town. Right along the top area of Now, Hourly, Forecast, Alerts and Locations.

How do you allow Joeys to connect to the internet,...my Hopper is connected,...but my 2 Joeys are not,...probably not the thread to ask,..but
Enable bridging from the hopper. From the hopper location: Press Menu -> Settings -> Network Setup -> Broadband -> Network Details -> Bridging -> Enable -> Save

After bridging is enabled, your joeys should be able to access and use the internet applications.

What happens or maybe I should say does not happen is that when I hit the blue app button to maximize (which I am told are where the setting locations are found), is that the large Weather Channel logo maximizes and then the page again changes but apparently never gets to that phase for the settings; the loading circle just continues to spin until it times out and reverts back to whatever channel I may have been viewing before launching the weather app. Thanks for the suggestion - I believe this feature had been working and I just noticed the problem a few days ago. I use the Game Finder app and it seems to work just fine. Game Finder and Weather were just about the only apps which I have a need at this time.

Got the matter rectified - I think. Thanks for all of the help and suggestions from you wonderful people.

Sorry we couldn't be more helpful. There very well could be an issue with the software in the Joey that makes it act weird when both Ethernet and coax are connected -- Try disconnecting the Ethernet from the Joey and enable bridging on your Hopper by following the directions in post #17. That should get your Joey connected to the Internet and solve any weird bugs with your Weather Channel app. Also make sure only one Hopper is connected to your network via Ethernet/WiFi, and that should be the Hopper with the bridging enabled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)