Weather Channel Freezing Up

Jeff003

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 28, 2004
Is anybody else noticing that the weather channel is freezing up and pixilating?I see this happen when they are reporting live from the hurricane.I'm assuming that it is with the weather channel but I'd feel better if I knew someone else was noticing this.This happens on both of my 301 recievers.

well

Since they have to get the feed via satellite, that is probably why you are getting pixelation and breakups.

The signal the weather channel is getting may not be the best, so what they're sending out may have issues too

Just a guess but with the wind and weather they are probably having a hard time keeping their up-link positioned.

NightRyder

I noticed that some of their on location weather reporters were having problems with keeping the signal since the weather was so bad at that spot.

Lem52

Its not Dish, its not the Weather channel. Its the feed from those remote sites due to the transmission conditions they are working under. Ie Hurricane conditions...

My guess is that people watch the Weather Channel when the weather is bad. Hence the bad reception :)

markusian said:
My guess is that people watch the Weather Channel when the weather is bad. Hence the bad reception :)

I hope that was a joke cause I laughed...

And yes it is like that... its because they cant keep their uplink stable

ShadowEKU said:
I hope that was a joke cause I laughed...

And yes it is like that... its because they cant keep their uplink stable

It was a joke. Hence the smiley face :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)