Weather Channel Going Hd Next Year?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jeff003

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 28, 2004
I was watching and I could have sworn I heard them say they was going Hd next year.Has anyone else heard this.I hope this doesn't happen unless they have a seperate hd channel because I still don't have hd.I still have a SD television and receiver.I guess I will be have to upgrade in 2009.That's when it will become mandentory for all channels to be in Hd.

Yeah, TWC was mentioned in one of DirecTV's HD channel launch Press releases. So it has been discussed. I think that the plan is that they will have a HD channel with mostly SD content at first until they get their Studio in order. Sorta like ESPN-HD was at first.

So even if they debut the Channel this year, I don't think that is supposed to be mostly HD until next spring.

But check around I could be missing some stuff.

I was watching and I could have sworn I heard them say they was going Hd next year.Has anyone else heard this.I hope this doesn't happen unless they have a seperate hd channel because I still don't have hd.I still have a SD television and receiver.I guess I will be have to upgrade in 2009.That's when it will become mandentory for all channels to be in Hd.
Once again, all OTA will be digital in 2009, not HD. Your analog set won't be affected unless you use it for OTA with an antenna.

Yes I met with The Weather Channel at Team Summit in May.

They are indeed going HD in the spring. They showed me some footage they had already shot and it looked amazing.

DirecTV will be upconverting the SD version of The Weather Channel to HD until TWC HD officially launches in the spring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts