Weather Channel HD Coming ....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The weather is probably more violent than what it used to be and it affects more people than it used to.

Not hardly, although there are some special interest groups who might make you think so as they fight for billions of dollars in research money.

We hear a lot more about weather and we are able to examine it more closely with technology and understand it better but history shows that weather now is no different than it has been for centuries.

It is amazing to see what extreme weather can do - humbling when you realize the shear force of water in its many forms.

I think a widescreen HD format for the Weather Channel will allow them to provide even more information than they can currently and it will be clearly and easier to see.

Well, I certainly believe in the global warming hazard, even though in the 70s we were being warned of "global cooling."

But I grew up in New Orleans. There is a natural cycle of hurricane strength. The 60s were at a peak of strength and frequency. Then it tapered off. Now we're moving back to peak activity.

I'd love the weather channel in HD. ANY channel and EVERY channel in HD. Of course, then we wouldn't have so many channels. Decisions, decisions.

I'd love the weather channel in HD. ANY channel and EVERY channel in HD. Of course, then we wouldn't have so many channels. Decisions, decisions.

True, but I'd be willing to do 90% of the SD channels for 30 or 40 good HD channels (beyond what we have now).

True, but I'd be willing to do 90% of the SD channels for 30 or 40 good HD channels (beyond what we have now).

Yes. But problem is, we'll never agree on WHICH ones go. I'd gladly see every sports channel go, but I know I'd be outvoted on that! :p

I think more information will be able to be displayed with the HD feed as well since there are more pixels being used in HD mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts